Ratings for Dr. Pedro E. Checo

Dr. Checo treated me with rudeness and arrogance. He discounted my feelings and perceptions about my own health situation, and outright refused to consider plausible hypotheses about what might be going on with me. After seeing another doctor for a second opinion, it has become very clear that Dr. Checo is apt to miss out on important findings due to his hesitation to consider all possibilities. If a person has a cold or a local virus (i.e., what's going around), they'd probably be just fine with him. But, if a patient needs accurate diagnostic work and careful monitoring or treatment, this is not the doctor I'd recommend. People seem to like him because he's quick, prompt, and consistent. But, there's more to a physician than his charm. This guy doesn't cut it when it comes to thorough medical exploration. On a more positive note, however, his office staff is excellent. Very efficient and sweet people staff the front desk and keep the office running.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Checo for over a decade and highly recommend him. He is one of the most highly qualified doctors I've ever seen. He always answers my questions and his staff is wonderful.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

I've been going to Dr Checo about 10 years. He has a wonderful bedside manner and is very thorough.If he is unsure,he will refer you to the appropriate specialist.If I am sick and need to come in, the staff will always squeeze me in. The staff is just very friendly and caring also.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2013

Office says he doesn't take Medicare but I find out they bill them anyway. I have it as secondary. They take a copayment from me but they are not supposed to if they get it reimbursed and I have proof they do. Doctor checo made fun of me for having to take neurolyptics. I told him I wasn't shopping for pain pills and he yelled "good because I wasn't going to give you any." people in the office and room next door can hear your confidential visit because of thin walls. Signed - Craig motsenbocker - don't really care anymore that doctors talk - so do we

flag | Submitted March 21, 2012

My beef with doctor Checo's office is the billing part. First they claimed my wife owed him 200.00, then after verifying the bills it turned out, we overpaid 75.00, I am still waiting for my refund that was promised in 4 weeks. I don't think we are going to get it. So we switched doctors, and by the comments I read here, we are glad we did. They were billing the insurance company even when we didn't go to the office.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

The best doctor I have ever been to!!! He is caring and prompt.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

I've always liked Dr. Checo being straight forward. But lately he has combined that with rudeness and anger. I don't understand how doctors and staff expect to get paid by their customers with such lousy customer service. I think it's because they know they can get away with it. You get a PCP, and you are stuck with that person, good or bad. You can try to get another doctor, but the former will malign your records, and the new one will give you bad service as well. At least with sites like this, you have a better chance of finding someone who likes their work, is polite, and not burned out.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

My daughter (38yrs old) saw Dr.Checko with symptoms of alopecia, fatigue and some other symptoms about a year and a half ago...she told Dr.Checko that all her symptoms pointed to Lupus according to the computer check list...he told her "no, you don't have a rash across the face" and did no further blood tests which a ANA blood test would have shown that she did indeed have Lupus. So now for over a year and a half she has gone untreated now having some heart and lung problems which caused her to get another visit to a doctor who did do the test and it shows lupus and sjogrens disease...Shame on him, how arrogant. I as her mother am saddened and feel such heartache that I pray hasn't done extreme unreversable damage.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2010

As a new patient I was given a routine blood test. The follow up consultation a week later reviled high cholesterol. Dr Checo informed me that a 2nd blood draw would be necessary because liver function was not included in the 1st test. Additional tests could have been ordered on the original sample but they are discarded after a week which had barely passed. This apparent lapse of judgment, either including liver function for new patients or scheduling the conciliating within a week, cost me additional pain, blood and money. The front office on one occasion told me they were going to bleed me today. The staff has one woman who is skilled at drawing blood but the second one, not so much. Let me put it this way. After 4 weeks my arm was still black & blue. On another occasion I went to Dr Checo because of flue symptoms. He said they would pass and gave me nothing. A couple of days later I developed an ear ache and saw a specialist who prescribed antibiotics and antihistamines.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2010

Dr Checo is very professional and has great follow up to determine the right course of treatment. His PA is very helpful,his front desk staff used to be much better when Eddie ran the desk not great now.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2009

Dr. Pedro E. Checo's Credentials

• Univ Central Del Este (Uce), Esc De Med, San Pedro De MacOris (Grad. 1985)

Private Health Care Systems