Ratings for Dr. Mark W. Jackson

Dr. Jackson was on call at Ft Sanders one night when I needed an emergency procedure to remove a wooden skewer I'd inadvertently swallowed at dinner. As I laid there being prepped for procedure (to be done under general anaesthesia), he came in, started to talk to me a bit, then focused all his conversation toward my fiancée, pretty much ignoring me, the patient. Next thing I know, he cuts the conversation short and says he'll personally walk her to the waiting area. While he does that, they finish prepping me and take me into procedure room. Some time later, the doc comes in, scrubs in, and not only doesn't talk to me about the procedure, reassure how things are going to be okay, or anything else...he doesn't say a single word to me, nor does he even look me in the eye a single time! Not exactly the sort of feeling one wants to get before going under, for a somewhat dangerous procedure...the poorest bedside manner I've ever seen, and it honestly felt a little skeevy to me. I'm grateful he got the skewer out safely, but his behavior and coldness to me as the actual patient, while focusing on my attractive fiancée, frankly gave me the creeps. I'd never choose this guy for my doc, given a choice.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

Dr. Jackson persevered with my problem and found out exactly what was wrong. It was a rare disorder, Dr. Jackson honestly saved my life, even my other doctor praised him. He is an exceptionally knowledgeable doctor, compassionate and polite.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2013

Dr. Jackson stated he was the Expert before doing any tests. I feel an Expert does tests before expressing his or her opinion. He said my insurance wouldn't paid for tests my primary care wanted. My insurance would pay and I new this before making an appointment. I fired Dr. Jackson and will find another Dr. for my family and I.Arrogant Drs are not good healers in my opinion.My primary care Dr. had good reason for wanting the tests. My stomach and bowel problems are real. My visit with Dr. Jackson was a waste of my money and caused a lot of un needed stress.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2012

Doctor Jackson and his staff were, polite, efficient and very helpful with questions. The doctor put me at ease with his knowledge and manner in which he presented himself and his suggestions. Would recommend him for anyone looking for this kind of specialty.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2012

Great doctor and great office/clinic staff. Had GI prob that he diagnosed and resilved. Very nice and caring.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2011

very helpful. diagnosed a problem no other drs could fing. would recommend him to anyone.very caring. spends lots of time with pts

flag | Submitted February 5, 2009

He was shockingly rude and totally uninterested in helping me. This was some years back and this is my experience alone so others might think totally different. I had an upper and lower GI and a colonoscopy. He didn't put me all the way out during my colonoscopy. I was away and you can imagine the pain. He pseudo apologized later and said they were too far along to drug me more. Sure whatever dude. I still have nightmares over it.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2008

Dr. Mark W. Jackson's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Columbia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)