Ratings for Dr. Prema Kothandaraman

Dr Prema is an excellent doctor. She is caring and has genuine interest in her patients we'll being. She brings not only her extensive knowledge but the compassion and regard for a womans needs offering sincere support to women who need it most. She brings a grounded presence and an open heart committing the time to care for her patients and that's worth waiting for. I have been going to Dr Prema for years and she has delivered my 2 beautiful daughters. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a Dr. That offers that extra time and caring every woman needs.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Fraudulent billing practices. Tries to force you to come in for lab results just so she can charge you more money. Has you pay upfront in full, then sends you a bill that shows she also billed your insurance and asking for more money.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015

I HAD A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE IN THIS OFFICE I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND OR REFER ANY PATIENTS TO THIS LADY. SHE IS NEVER ON TIME AND SHE SPENDS MAYBE 5 MINS WITH YOU AND SHE IS MONEY HUNGRY. SHE TOLD OFF HER STAFF RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME AND OTHER PATIENTS.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2011

I trust this doctor. I trust her knowledge, experience, honesty. What is else is there in a doctor?

flag | Submitted July 21, 2011

After reading the past 13 reviews, I would have to disagree with many of them. The first time I went to see Dr. Prema was last year. I felt very comfortable and at ease with her. Her staff is wonderful! My second visit took place a month ago; yes I did have to wait (approx. 30 minutes) to see her. As with any doctor, there is ususally a wait time. Sometimes it's not the doctor's fault-- there are patients that arrive late, or may take up more time with endless questions that they may have for the doctor & sometimes, babies are born at anytime of the day (I don't think a baby purposely made Dr. Prema late to her office; in some cases, babies like to take their time getting into this rushed world of ours). Overall, I would HIGHLY reccommend Dr. Prema -- she is very professional and not once have I ever felt rushed with her. Although I have to drive about 25 miles to her office, I will continue to keep her as my annual women's care doctor.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2011

flag | Submitted June 20, 2011

I'm currently a patient of hers and every time i make an appointment the staff calls me within a week to reschedule because the doctor is not going to be there. I like to go in the mornings because I'm working even though pregnant but she is always late and that makes me late to work!! she always in a rush and you can tell that the staff doesn't even know what to tell you because they know its embarrassing! (They are very nice by the way) sometimes I'm in the room waiting when i can hear her yelling at her staff.. i feel bad for the girls, she is so unprofessional!! Another thing that bothers me is that she wants you to see the nurse... and this lady believe me is so cold hearted and does not care about your feelings! Unfortunately I'm too far along in my pregnancy that other doctors will not take me in but i can't wait to give birth and never see her again!!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2010

I was on the phone with a very nice staff. While trying to schedule my appointment, i heard someone in the back ground screaming and speaking unprofessional and very vulgar with her staff. I asked the person on the phone who that was, but she would not say. It sounded as if she were too embarassed, but I knew it was dr prema. For someone to be that rude and mean to her own staff that help her day in and day out, made me second think of taking my care there. If she can not even treat her staff with respect, I could only imagine how she would react to her patients. No way!! I just feel bad for who ever she was screaming at.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2010

We would never recommend this doctor to anyone who is starting their pregnancy, the doctor is never on time and makes you wait for atleast an hour after you are on time for your appointment. She never has time for the patient and does not listen to your questions. she is always in a hurry and trying to finish the appointment in 5-10 minutes. its like she is already one feet out of the door in 5 minutes. She will make you see the nurse half the times for your appointment after you pay the insurance co-pay to see the doctor, even during your final few weeks of pregnancy. Her staff is also very rude. Stay away from this doctor, you never want to go to this doctor for your pregnancy or any other OB matters. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS OB DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2010

First time when i made an appointment calling her office, and asked them if they take my insurance which was blue cross/blue shield PPo plan, they said yes, they do take it, so i made an appointment for my regular checkup and pep smear. Everything turned out to be good, but they never filed my bill to the insurance company nor to me. After 6 months later i got pregnant and had a miscarriage and had a d@c procedure with her. All of my bills were filed and payed by my insurance, except very first one. Almost after 1 yr. my insurance told me that they have received this bill and they are not going to pay, because that time she was not a preferred provider of bc/bs. I tried to talk to her billing company explaining everything what happened, but they were so rude, and sent my case to agency collector.??????????her staff is very rude, and would never tell the truth. I wish i had a solid proof, so i could go further for help. watch out...........

flag | Submitted May 28, 2010

Dr. Prema Kothandaraman's Credentials

• Chengalpattu Med Coll, Dr M G R Med Univ, Chengalpattu, Tn, India (Grad. 1987)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal