Ratings for Dr. Richard Bacharach

I agree with all the negative comments, but the most important thing is that Dr. B. is very knowledgeable about the drugs he prescribes. For example, he was on top of that study showing a link between taking Xanax long term and Alzheimer's. Since most of modern psychiatry is about drugs rather than talk, I have to give him a good overall rating.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

I've never had an issue with the doctor confusing me with another patient, nor do I have any major complaints of him or staff. Yes, at times he's been behind schedule and I've had to wait a while, but as unfortunate as that is, it doesn't happen all the time. For me, waiting is a trade-off, since he consistently spends ample time addressing my concerns when I'm in with him.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

Has anyone had any issues with him confusing you with other patients? It seems he may have too many patients to tend to. concerned.....??

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

I DO NOT know how this doctor has a license. Doctor's diagnose is: Narcissistic Personality Disorder....enough said. STAY AWAY!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

It's a shame this doc practices in Maryland. He does care about patients. My daughter is a patient of his and she is switching after he always keeps her waiting for 2-3 hours for an appointment. This must also have happened to other patients , probably due to over booking to maximize his income . He never apologizes to patients for keeping them waiting. besides my daughter had to call numerous refill her prescription times . Stay away from him if you want to get quality care that you need.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2016

I would NEVER use this doctor. He DOES NOT CARE about his patients and he is egotistical , arrogant, and a TOTAL NARCISSUS. I cannot believe that he is allowed to practice medicine. He treated a family member and did a HORRIBLE JOB. He should have 0 stars given to him.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

I have spent way too much time waiting for thus guy, who is consistently at least one appointment behind and doesn't seem to care.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

The main complaint is that the staff is completely useless. They are rude and nasty and are always very short, unpleasant and act like I am bothering them. They ONLY answer the phones from 10am to 12pm????? What is that about? They make it highly impossible to talk to them, and when you do manage to get a human being to answer the phone, they say they don't know anything and that you have to talk to Dr. Bacharach. They take a message and say he'll call back. There have been many instances where he wont call back and you have to keep leaving messages. There are times when he does call....like a day or two later. So if you are having an emergency, you are left flapping in the wind. I have been seeing him for 3 years and nothing has changed. The most irritating part is the extreme rudeness, indifference, and unwillingness of the front end staff. This has made my experience most stressful and frustrating. Waiting time is terrible.Sometimes over an hour.He does seem to know his meds.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

I just started seeing Dr. Bachrach but I believe he is a very good Dr. He is very informative and is helpful.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2012

I've been seeing Dr. Bacharach for several years now. As pointed out, Dr. B manages medication based on how he understands you are handling your life situations and how you feel. He has therapists at the office to talk to. No, he doesn't spend a great deal of time with me, but he remembers everything there is about me and ensures I can handle my day to day life. I'd encourage anyone seeing a psychiatrist to also see a therapist. You'll see your psychiatrist in a different light! I also called in an emergency and he was very prompt in responding. I wanted people to see the positive along with the negative posted.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2011

Dr. Richard Bacharach's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)