Ratings for Dr. Marie T. Sohner

My sister was a patient of Dr. Sohner and she neglected to test my sister for pre eclampsia, she had a pre eclamptic siezure in the bath tub and her and her daughter died. She died the night Dr. Sohner sent her home and said come back on monday. She was completely emotionless when she came to tell us she did not make it and "these things happen" she was buried on the day her 1st child was to be born because Dr. Sohner was busy and did not want to come in and deliver her baby. Obviously my opinion of her is not so great. Please choose another doctor

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

Dr. Sohner is one of the most amazing doctors in the world if I had to say. She delivered my sister and I, 24 & 25 years as go! She has also delivered my two by c section. A lot of people say she has no bed side manners. Thats not the case, she is very professional. I trust her with my life. Almost every female in my family see's her and I have recommended plenty of friends there and they love her! I wouldn't trust anyone else to deliver my babies, she is amazing! Her staff has always treated me so well, and Rhonda (nurse practitioner) is the best person you'll ever meet. All in all, the nurses and Dr. Sohner know their stuff! Smartest women you'll evee come across and I'm forever greatful for them!!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

Second time I went to this office, I was waiting naked for over an hour before I had to get dressed and go look for someone. They forgot I was in the room, and the doctor went to lunch! Then, on my following visit, the doctor run $800.00 test without my knowledge (when I mentioned to her I had a concern months and months ago about something, but has not been an issue for month-and she even assured me everything seems normal) while I thought she was just doing her routine check. When I called and asked to speak with her, I was told rudely she was on vacation, and while trying to resolve this issue with her stuff, when I told them what happened, they said that there was nothing they would do, the test was already run and needed to be paid, and when I got frustrated about them not helping, their response was that this conversation was over and hung up the phone on me. I will not be using this doctor ever again and will always tell people about how rude the stuff is.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

I think people should be informed about this womans habits, which are not good. I had my son at the end of may, 2012 and dr. sohner did not come in til the last minute at 3:30pm when I had been in labor since 6am the previous morning. I almost died giving birth to my son because instead of being patient she ripped him out of me as soon as his head came out. There was nothing gentle or professional about it and I lost over half of my bodys blood from the force she used. She also pulled my placenta out w/o telling me to push which caused some of it to break off inside and lead to her scraping my insides with her hand for it. While I was bleeding and nurses ran around frantic I asked what was wrong and she refused to answer me. I recently found out she did the same to my neighbor 23 years ago when having her daughter.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

Extremely helpful and very thorough. Understand i didn't have insurance and helped me in every way possible. I will never change. Everyone there is so nice. And all the docs they hire are wonderful. They take there time and in no way are in a hurry. I recommend them to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2012

Dr Sohner seems nice (I've only seen her once) but her staff is not. I've seen Belinda twice and NOT IMPRESSED. They took an ultrasound and I had to FINALLy call their office 3 weeks later for a result. They have no follow-up with me. If I want to know what my test results are then I have to call them. I'm looking forward to changing doctors in 2011. I've had a few great doctors, a few so-so doctors but on a scale of 1 to 10, I rate this office a 2. They are competent but they just don't really care. I agree with the previous post - we are just $$$'s to them. You basically have to wait an hour to get seen and then it's a 10 minute check-up, bloodwork and no follow up - really? It's sad - I was referred to her but I just can't do this for another year...

flag | Submitted December 20, 2011

Dr. Sohner is quiet but very caring. On a well woman check up, I asked her if we could discuss my 14 year old's puberty problems. She was so sweet and diagnosed her as having a potential hormone problem. She squeezed my daughter in for an appointment two weeks later. The diagnosis changed my daughter's life dramatically because of Dr. Sohner. I can't thank her enough for taking the time to listen. I think her quietness causes others to think she is cold but she is caring. I recommended her to a couple of my family members with the warning that she is quiet. They are all pleased with her and everyone love the nurse practitioner Rhonda.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2011

Her staff was ok...typical of most Dr. offices, but the lab kept trying to bill me for labs that I paid the dr.s office for. I waited in excess of 30 minutes for my appointments everytime. The first couple of appointments she was good, but after that she was inattentive . She didn't listen to my concerns and on my due date ( I had an appointmnet) she made the nurse practioner see me because she was "too busy". She never checked to see if I was dilated over the last few visits and was trying to schedule a c-section for the following week but I requested that I be checked to see if I was dilated, I feel that because of that exam I went into labor within 12 hours. Thankfully Dr. Rodriguez was on call when my son was born,he was awesome and seemed to have experience with big head or large babies (9 lbs and over). I do not recommend her to anyone but would give Dr. Rodriguez 4 stars for bedside manner and ability.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

This OB is horrible! I was treated like I was in the way because I was low risk. She spent pumped me with pitocin even though I was in active labor and my child ended up on the NICU. She didn't take all of my placenta out, she was only there for 10 minutes. I overheard her bragging to the nurses about how quick that was. Guess that is very important to her. 8 days later I started hemmoraging. She told me to lay down and rub my belly. Had I listened, I would have died on my bedroom floor. I spend 4 days in the ICU. The dr on call spent 3 hours saving my uterous. Her comment the next day? "You should be thankful it was Dr. Lee who was on call. Had it been me, I would have just done a hystorectomy." No joke, those were her exact words. Please please please think twice before allowing her to be your caregiver. Also, there were several occasions when I spent well over 2 hours waiting to be seen. They also frown on bring ing your child to your appointment. FYI!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2010

Dr. Sohner delivered my daughter 18 years by C-section due to a breech birth. She was wondeful. She does seem abrupt until you get to know her but I have never felt like she didn't care and she will always spend the time you need with you if you have questions. I have also used Rhonda and she is fabulous. I have taken my daughter to both Dr. Sohner and Rhonda. Rhonda has worked very hard to find birth control that will help her with her severe periods. I would, and have, recommended Dr. Sohner to many of my friends.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2010

Dr. Marie T. Sohner's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1981)

Top Hospitals in Tomball, TX