Ratings for Dr. Gary W. Cushing

Dr. Cushing is head of endocrinolgy at Lahey, Burlington, MA which is a bad sign for us Hashimoto people. I'm sure there isn't one Dr. there that would treat with T3 & T4 because I tried to talk to him about Naturethyroid and he shut down the conversation immediately. He only relies on TSH and Synthroid.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

Wow! I am surprised to be reading negative comments about Dr. Cushing. I have been seeing him for years and have gotten good care. All of the comments seem to say the same thing however in my case, the numbers (lab values) mattered less than my symptoms and he has helped me manage my symptoms with medications. He has always been polite and expressed interest in helping me with my medical condition. He has been careful to order follow up testing to continue to monitor my condition. I save highest ratings for exemplary/above and beyond the call of duty service and to me, a 4 is a good rating.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2009

Very disappointed in his work. He seemed to be concerned only with the numbers from a blood test, not with my symptoms! Those numbers were low, but he could not be persuaded to bring them closer to the average with even minor treatment. When he plays golf I suspect he is satisfied with reaching the greens, but not concerned with putting the ball in the cup! I would suggest finding a different doctor.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

did not appear interested in my illness;instead mis-diagnosed me.told me to see menopause specialist as he didnot treat this condition ,however,not menopause but hashimoto's disease ,lost valuable treatment time and ended up losing thyroid.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2008

I must agree with the person who rated him before me. Dr Cushing only relys on Lab tests. Not concerned with your symptoms. Tends to go with statistics. Not helpful.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2007

Uses only lab tests and does not listen to, address, or attempt to alleviate patient symptoms.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2007

Dr. Gary W. Cushing's Credentials

• UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS MEDICAL SCHOOL (Grad. 1980)

Harvard-Pilgrim