Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Derosa

I have been a patient of Dr. Derosa for many years. He and his nurse Shelly are great. Always personable, friendly and respectful.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Dr. DeRosa has been my OBGYN for many years. I respect him greatly. He is always concerned about my well being and if I have any issues, covers everything very thoroughly. I think the world of him and would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I've seen Dr. Derosa for years. He delivered all of my children. He is a wonderful doctor and surgeon. I had a couple of scary moments during my twin pregnancy, and he was there for me. I would recommend him and your entire staff to anyone, and I have done so. Everyone has always been courteous and professional.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Amazing Doctor!! He is very friendly and knowledgeable. I have PCOS and finally was able to get pregnant and he was great through the whole pregnancy, birth, and after. Finally after many years of searching for a great OBGYN I have found one.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

My husband and I couldn't be more pleased. Over the last year or two we have had many questions. No matter how big or small, our questions were always answered. Shelly and Dr. DeRosa have gone above and beyond for our family. They are very appreciated for their talents and kindness. . . And their humor too!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

You made a statement to the news about how woman with essure issues is due to their age or their bodies being use to birth control. Well I have never been on birth control and had the essure planted at 25 years old and a hysterectomy done at 26 due to it embedding into my uterus. I looked pregnant and dropped 3 pant sizes in 2 weeks after removal? Please do your research befor you press woman to get a life crippling device!! SHAME ON YOU I AM A PERSON NOT A PAYCHECK!!!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

He is still implanting women with Essure, even after thousands and thousands have become sick and even died from it! He blames their symptoms on aging and discredits their suffering. Doctors are suppose to help, not continue to make women sick. I would not trust him.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

It seems this Dr is not in the know of the harmful effects of Essure and is still implanting. I don't believe he's not had one woman have a problem. Essure is a horrible and harmful product. He needs to get educated on it and stop implanting women immediately!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

Dr. DeRosa has been such a blessing to me and my family. I have two daughters that he has seen me through, and two miscarriages as well. I also had one emergency c-section he did, and another scheduled one. I can't say enough great things about he and Shelly! Dr DeRosa made me feel so relaxed and comfortable, even with the scary situation I had with my first delivery. Through our miscarriages he was extremely thorough, and took the time to explain everything and do tests so I could have answers. Yes, he is extremely busy, and at times you have to wait a little long to see him, but he is worth the wait! he was there within 5 minutes for my emergency c-sec at 2 in the afternoon, so I don't mind waiting knowing that he is there for someone else who needs him more than I do at that moment.. The other docs in the office are great, and so is Ashley, the NP. Love Dr DeRosa and I have to say, I will be sad when I'm finished having babies and won't get to see him very often!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

DeRosa is an excellent OB and surgeon. He was recommended to me for infertility. At times he seems distracted and I remind him to read my file a little before discussing my treatment, etc. He knows I'm being sincere and he can joke around with me and be serious at the same time. His nurse, Shelly is awesome! At times they need to remember patients worry about results and yes they deal with medical stuff every day of the week but the patients do not. A little compassion goes a long way, especially when patients call the office. He always takes time to discuss my concerns and I feel like he listens. However, again distracted at times.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

Dr. Michael J. Derosa's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. DeRosa earned his medical degree at St. Louis University School of Medicine and completed his residency at St. Louis University Hospital. He is board-certified in obstetrics and gynecology. He is a member of the American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists, the American Society of Reproductive Medicine, and the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists.

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)