Dr. Jason B. Hitner

Ratings for Dr. Jason B. Hitner

Dr. Hitner is awesome ! He explains everything in full detail and paints a picture in your head! I recommend him to all my new mom friends!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

Wonderful Dr. and lovely staff. I do feel he needs to spend more time with his patents instead of his assistant Dr., however when my son can not see him I find his replacements just as knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2013

I stopped using him as a doctor for my child because you never see him anymore. I always see the NP. I want my child to see the doctor I selected. I can't even get him on the phone anymore.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2011

Very Competent. Very straightforward. We Love Nurse Julie. The newborn wellness center is great. I have no idea what that last Mom was talking about!!! weird...

flag | Submitted May 23, 2010

He's an amazing doctor. He is very kind to the children. I heard he went and helped in Haiti.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2010

doctor's office or nurse's office? out of the many times i took my son there, i mustve seen hitner once or twice. its mainly run by his nurses. front desk isnt pleasant at all. we as parents have the ultimate decisions on vaccinations for our children, but here they corner and bully you until you say yes! they will not let you leave! they treated my child like a number or moneymaker rather than a humanbeing since he makes money(a percentage) off of giving vaccines. that's why he's soo pro vaccine all the way! beware of this practice. i was told that he had a baby wellness office, but my child was never seen there and he was never sick. i argued w.the front desk and requested my child would be seen in wellness for a check up and they refused telling me that it wasnt necessary. i didnt like the fact that he advertises his wellness if he NEVER sees kids in them. its all just to lure you in. and the sick office is dirty, they dont thoroughly disinfect the rooms, BEWARE!!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2010

He vaccinated my daughter twice. He neglected to read notes from previous visit, or did not document them & she received an additional and uneeded vaccination. Although, he promptly informed us of this error; I think he is rushed and sloppy when it comes to care.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2009

I left my previous practice because I felt like a number rather than a peron. We were seeing all different doctors all the time. Dr. Hitner has a wonderful rapport with children and his advice is extremely helpful. My children are lucky to have such an exceptional doctor.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2009

He came highly recommended from a friend. We went to see him when my son was about a month old. He told us he only accepted new borns at this time, and we met that requirement. Then a month later on Christmas day we had what we thought was an emergency. We called the office which was closed and recommened us going to the ER. The office said we could come in the next day. We did go to the ER and went to see him the next day in his office. He was rude to use, acted as if he was doing us a favor. Told us that this is just a one time courtesy visit and we need to find another Ped because he only accepts newborns. HELLO!! He accepted us at one month but at two months he became to old. I think he did not like the fact that we had an emergency on Christmas day and did not want to bother with us. We went to the office of the Grello's in West Islip and have been very happy with them.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2008

My two daughters (3 & 6) have been patients of Dr. Hitner's since 1/06 and they adore him and his staff. He is a kind, friendly, caring and knowledgeable physician. His staff is spectacular -from the girls in the front to Marie the nurse. After being in various other pediatric practices, none compare to the care that my two girls get. We have had various situations and Dr. Hitner and his staff have always been on top of it. We rarely wait and when we do it is for an emergency patient, which is to be expected. It is very rare to find a friendly and efficient pediatric office and so far this is the best!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2008

Dr. Jason B. Hitner's Credentials

• Emory Univ Sch Of Med, Atlanta Ga 30322 (Grad. 1997)

Workers Comp