Ratings for Dr. Manizheh G. Panah

I have been going to her for 2 years and she doesn nothing helpful. I have thyroid nodules and every time i see her its the same thing. I have to lose weight and take more vitamin D pills which isnt solving the problem. She never remembers what she told me and once refused to give me a referal for an ultrasound. Her staff is messy and disorganized and the wait time is at least an hour to 2 hours. this place is honsetly the worst place ever.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

I have PCOS and after having my children, I have been having a difficult time losing weight. She is a terrible doctor. I went to her four times. The wait time for each appointment was a minimum of an hour. The fourth time was simply to pick up my records and I made an appointment with a different endocrinologist. She could not diagnose me properly. She sent me for bloodwork and since it did not show what she wanted she accused me of not properly taking my medication and not exercising to the amount I was. She sent me to repeat the bloodwork and said my issues were all in my head. Awful! Her staff was rude whenever I happen to ask why my 3:45pm appointment turned out to be 5:00pm. Please go to someone else. She is not knowledgeable, she is rude and dismissive to her patients problems.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

Worst doctor, wait time is 2 hours each time , overbooked ,I walked out after waiting 1.5 hrs and not even close to being seen. Doctor never remembers who you are or what she prescribed you. Very unprofessional . I suggest you NOT go here

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

She is one of the most knowledgeable doctor. She is very caring, helpful and nice with her patients. I strongly recommend her to everybody.Her diagnose is perfect and very correctly

flag | Submitted February 10, 2012

Very good, very knowledgeable -- I have been very healthy since I have been going to her for diabetes and a thyroid condition. If you listen to her and take her advice and follow the prescribed course of action she assigns you will keep your diabetes and other conditions under control. The staff is great -- she is very busy but that is the sign of a good doctor.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

I went to Dr. Panah on/off for couple years depending on waht insurance I had. She told me I was too fat at 140 lbs 5'4" and gave me Phen-fen which I took for 8 days, losing 8 lbs and lucky the Phen-fen controversy started then and it was yanked off the market and I did not get the dreaded pulmonary hypertension that killed people from it. She never asked me any risk questions at all before prescribing it. For years I had hyperthyroid nodules, Graves Disease and Hashimotos and all she ever said was I don't know how you ever had both. I also had nodules that she never ordered and scans or ultrasounds for. She only gave ne a thyroid hormone stimulating test. I wound up with thyroid cancer that my PMD sent me to another endocrinologist for diagnosis, surgery and Radio-I treatment. She is not knowledgeable in thyroid issues and it scares me now.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2010

She is extremely unprofessional. The worst doctor I have ever encountered in my life. She did not even give me my full test results that said I had nodules on my thyroid that needded to be checked via ultrasound every 6 months. I only know this because I switch to a different doctor who read the same test results that Dr. Pannah had in her possession but never shared with me. There are so many other good doctors I would avoid her.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2010

I took my 16 1/2 year old daughter to Dr. Panah for a consult. Her office staff was helpful and courteous. Since she was a new patient, we were given several forms to fill out and we waited approximately 45 minutes to be called into the exam room. Once in the exam room, the nurse came right in and checked my daughter's blood sugar, blood pressure, etc...and took a very detailed history. After she was done and left the room, we waited less than 10 minutes for Dr. Panah to come in. Dr. Panah took a long time with us asking various questions about my daughter's symptoms and what problems she has been encountering. She performed a thorough physical and ordered several tests (blood, urine, ultrasound, etc..) and instructed us to return in 2 weeks so she can go over the results with us. She answered all of our questions and explained what she was looking for. Being a teenager, my daughter thought that she would feel uncomfortable but actually the opposite was true.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2010

She is never on-time. Always over-booked. After the long waiting hour, you get to see the doctor for few quick minutes and that too useless conversation. I had been taking her prescribed medicine for more than 1 year before I consulted a Gyno and learned that there is not need for me to take that medicine. Please DO NOT GO TO HER

flag | Submitted April 17, 2009

This doctor uses arrogance and bad manners to make up for her lack of knowledge. She is clueless when it comes to any kind of thyroid issues. She misdiagnosed my mom’s thyroid problem and continued her on wrong meds. She gets defensive like an immature cold hearted teenager when she is asked a question that she does not know the answer to. If you care about your health, then avoid her at all costs. I actually found out more about my mom’s condition from searching the internet then took my mom to a real doctor.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2008

Dr. Manizheh G. Panah's Credentials

• Teheran Univ, Fac Of Med, Teheran, Iran (Grad. 1967)