Ratings for Dr. Robert Enns

Dr. Enns is at the top of his game. I'm kind of freaked out with what's going on in my colon these days but the stress has eased up because of my trust in Dr. Enns.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

I strongly feel this doctor is biased and selective when it comes to what patients he will make an effort help and what patients he really doesn't want to spend time on. I agree with everyone else who said that Dr. Enns is arrogant and dismissive. I have Crohn's and was under excellent care of a GI when I lived in Winnipeg. I moved to Vancouver in 2015 and I ended up in a hospital emergency unit twice with extreme gut pain. The, second time, the emergency doctor but in a referral for me to see Dr. Enns. All my medical records from my GI in Winnipeg were forwarded to him and during my first, and only appointment, with him he scoffed at the high volume of pages of her report (she was a very thorough doctor). I had a definite feeling that he did not want me as a patient as he mentioned he usually does not take 'third party referrals", I gather that means being referred from a hospital emergency doctor ... I really am not sure what he meant by that. He arranged for me to have a capsule endoscopy and when I went back to him for the test results, he told me there was no sign of active Crohn's. I asked him about the severe pain I have in my gut every time after I eat. He replied " stop looking for something that isn't here" and gave me a prescription for a drug to relieve flatulence (gas pain). He proceeded to record into his phone about our meeting and said to me "how does that sound". Then got up and walked out on me ... so I just followed him out and kept on going and never went back. I am still having severe gut pain and have finally, with the help of my third family doctor (the other two were almost as aloof as Dr. Enns), I am now seeing another GI. What difference ... she has ordered a bunch of tests for me to have and said she will do her best to find out what is causing me this pain.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

Dr Enns is an amazing doctor, he's not only understanding he is caring and he gives you answers and will go the full way with you until you and him are satisfied with the out come. :)

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Dr. Enns' follow up was exceptional and he appeared genuinely caring and concerned.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Such a kind doctor. He seems really warm, caring and genuine and I felt very at ease with him. His staff are similarly very kind and genuine.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

I can not say enough great things about Dr. Enns. He is kind, patient, concerned and extremely knowledgeable. He went into medicine to help people, he found an arena of medicine that intrigues him and combined those two elements make him great at what he does. He is also research involved which keeps him current on treatments and developments. Is he arrogant? Not that I have seen or experienced. Does he deserve to be proud and confident? YES. Dr Enns is a doctor, he is not applying to be your new best friend but he will be your guts best friend and your healthy guys don't care about his shoes or his recording device. Listen when he speaks, be prepared to answer his questions and see him as a partner in your health care. Dr Enns - should you be unwell and need his expertise - is a spectacular physician!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

The best doctor I have ever seen! I was struggling with bowl issues and was referred to him, his education and experience for sure shows! The best doctor I have ever been in contact by far! Definitly deserves his position! Definitly recommend!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2015

Had a biopsy done with Dr. Enns. He and his staff were very friendly and professional. The procedure was very quick and he kept me calm throughout. I'm very thankful I was referred to him.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

This doctor is one of the best gastroenterologists in canada and knows what he's talking about. he works in one of the hardest places in canada near hastings street but tries to make time for all the patients he is referred too. He has gone to school for 20 plus years so for all the people that are saying he is arrogant for putting his accomplishments on his wall. . . what accomplishments do you have on your wall to hang? He is beyond intelligent , and yes he may come off as arrogant to some patients but thats probably because you come in to the office already thinking you know your diagnosis and expect him to cater to your needs. For the person commenting on his wardrobe. . .you must not be that sick to have time to make fun of a doctor that went to school for 20 years and can afford shoes that cost more than your rent. Dr.Enns is extremely intelligent and has years of schooling to prove it. . and makes time for all his patients. He is one of the best GI in Canada and anyone who says otherwise is just ignorant and doesn't know his true credentials .

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

I had a colonoscopy done yesterday. Dr Enns and his staff are consummate professionals. Procedure was absolutely painless, seamless, and on time. He has my highest recommendation. Kevin Johnston P.Eng

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015