You may also like

Rate Dr. Ronald Rovner

Dr. Ronald Rovner's Ratings

Was 40 mins late taking me in. Receptionist never said anything about running late. Dr. Came busting into the room. Immediately asked what I was there for, pull out his pad and started writing a prescription. Not asking questions about me and my history. I'm not one to jump on medication unless needed. I asked about alternative methods and he said they would be a waste of my time. Go to doctor that cares about helping people and not just write prescriptions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2891872].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2015

I saw Dr. Rovner for a problem which other dermatologists misdiagnosed. He helped me immediately. Highly recommended!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2826312].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

Impatient and rude. Would not even attempt to listen to what I had to say. Felt very discouraged upon leaving his office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2824354].votes_count ]]

Submitted June 1, 2015

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2730939].votes_count ]]

Submitted Feb. 22, 2015

Scheduling appointments into May and receptionist was very rude when trying to schedule. I will go somewhere else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2706218].votes_count ]]

Submitted Feb. 2, 2015

I've been a patient of Dr. Rovner's for 20 years. He is knowledgeable, experienced and trustworthy. He diagnosed my autoimmune disease in one visit that had perplexed other specialists for 3 months, he has seen my father for skin cancer, my mother for a drug reaction, my son for acne. Unlike every other dermatologist in the area who have 6 month waiting lists, Dr. Rovner can see you within a couple of weeks, and always sooner when emergent. Dr. Rovner's bedside manner is not a strength for him, but he is not a generalist and I would rather have a correct diagnosis and treatment plan than someone to chat about what is going on in my life. If you want someone to spend 15 minutes with you, holding your hand, and telling you repeatedly that you have nothing to worry about; then I suggest you wait 6 months to see someone else. If you need a dermatologist to assist your family doc/pediatrician/internist with the diagnosis and treatment of your dermatologic issue, then you can count on Dr. Rovner to do it efficiently and correctly.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2576824].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

Went in for a screening to get some moles checked out. Lady at the front desk greeted me with a stern "Be with you in one minute." I took a seat and waited for 15 minutes before the lady told me that I should have reminded her that I was there because "the office gets so busy that she ends up forgetting about people." There was only one other person in the waiting room. Doc spent about 5 minutes glancing at me, and told me I had nothing to worry about. Told me I was young (34) and didn't have anything to worry about, and not to be afraid of the sun. That would have been music to my ears, had he actually looked me over, examined my moles closely, or even asked me about about my medical history. Waste of a $50 co-pay.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2503139].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 18, 2014

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2485822].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Rovner by my GP whom I trust. Dr. Rovner, without delay, took care of my concern. I believe he had taken the time to pre-assess the most likely issue. He also spotted a potentially cancerous growth and took tissue to be biopsied. I have a stye which he will address later. He checked my skin for other potential concerns and answered all questions I had. He was reassuring and did not make mountains out of mole(hills). He was friendly but didn't waste his nor my time. I would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2439898].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2014

I am extremely happy with Dr Rovner. He has discovered skin cancers my first dermatologist missed. No scarring from previous procedures, very knowledgeable. Staff is friendly, minimum wait time. Unlike the larger centers, its easy to schedule an appt in a short time and you get to see the DR, not a PA or NP. I suspect the poor ratings that are mentioned are due to the faulty Healthgrade website which will not allow 5 star ratings. Each time I put 5 stars there it counts it as a 2.5! I would not hesitate to recommend family to Dr. Rovner.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2439897].votes_count ]]