Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey A. Altman

Actually love this man! He was great. May he rest in peace

flag | Submitted May 17, 2015

Dr. Jeffrey Altman is an absolutely amazing doctor. I have only positive things to say about him. Very knowledgeable and excellent bedside manners. What a wonderful doctor and man.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2011

I love them. I am greatful for having both my chilren with Dr. Altman and Allison. They both "fit" with my personality.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2009

The office is a little old-fashioned in its record-keeping, but overall my experience at this practice during and after my first pregnancy was very good. The office staff and nurse were friendly. The Dr. and midwife both very professional and knowledgeable, but also very calm, laidback, and willing to accommodate and work with alternative ideas and natural birthing plans. Appointments are rarely more than 10 or 15 minutes behind, and they're willing to spend as much time with you as needed--no running off after 5 minutes to pack in as many patients as possible HMO style. I reccommend this practice to friends and family.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2009

Dr. Altman seemed nice but the practice seems very disorganized. It took me seven phone calls over five days to get the results of my bloodwork after it came back in. The doctor/RPA had the results, but did not return any phone calls. It took the practice over two months to send out a bill, which was marked as being over-due even though it was the first bill sent. They also failed to bill my insurance company (they had all the neccessary info) and instead billed me for my appointments; getting in touch with the proper folks in billing to straighten this out has been a challenge. They often seem to leave early and take extended lunch breaks. I found the RPA to somewhat unfriendly, although she seemed perfectly competent. After a couple of visits I switched practices. I faxed over a records release request for my new OB/GYN, & called to confirm it was received, yet when I went to my new MD the records hadn't been sent and Altman's office claimed to never had receieved a release.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2008

Lots of experience, laid back and well-respected in the community.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2008

Dr. Jeffrey A. Altman's Credentials

• Albany Medical College Of Union University (Grad. 1983)

AHC