Ratings for Dr. Steven J. Reiss

I had a L5/S1 disectomy by Dr. Reiss 2012 and almost 3 yrs later, after being mostly pain free, I am having severe nerve pain and numbness that was worse than before down my entire leg. I am unable to work and he looked at my new MRI and Myleogram and said that there is nothing wrong with me, go to pain mgmt, and left the office without letting me ask a single question on what he had just said. I know I am in chronic pain again and not crazy but that is how he left me feeling that day. Once I went to see the pain mgmt doctor he actually explained why my pain is back and could see it wasn't in my head. We trying a treatment plan to see if I can avoid surgery #2. However, I will be getting a new neuro and 2nd opinion as its obvious he had zero interest in seeing me again. This doctor has zero bedside manner if this is something that you look for in your back surgeon he is not the one for you!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2015

First saw Dr. Reiss's P.A., she was very helpful and explained my neck problem from the MRI results. Scheduled to see Dr. Reiss after a Myleogram. When I saw him, he did not seem to know my chart very well. He did not do any neurological testing like his P.A. did. Said the MRI exaggerated, at the time I had not seen the results of the Myelogram(which said the same thing as the MRI). When I asked about my symptoms, he said he was not sure if all were coming from my neck. Asked about the surgery that his P.A. mentioned and the device that would be placed in my neck, he got very upset said that was not what he would do and stormed out of the room. He came back in a couple of minutes and showed me what he would do if he did surgery. Then said if I wanted to have surgery to call and schedule. And if I wanted to have surgery I should not put it off for a month or two. I asked if that was because the symptoms would get worse, he said he didn't know.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2013

Dr. Reiss performed surgery three times on my husband over the course of 10 years for various genetic issues with spine. Immediate relief with all surgeries w/no complications whatsoever. The surgeries were all necessary and we know he may need another one sometime in the future as his condition is unavoidable. Dr. Reiss is very knowledgeable and highly regarded by my husband's other doctors and he took time to talk with me as well about my concerns. I've been very happy and my husband recommends him to anyone who asks. His friends all know how much pain he was in and are amazed at his speedy recovery from all procedures.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2012

Dr. Reiss took the time to explain my options and recommended further testing before a decision is made on treatment. He came highly recommended by several of my doctor friends. The odds are that I will need surgery. If that happens, I will update my observations. So far Dr. Reiss and his office staff gets all A's from me.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2010

DR. STEVEN REISS SAID I WAS NOT A CANDIDATE FOR SURGERY BECAUSE I SAID "I WAS IN EXTREME PAIN", AND HE SAID IF I WAS IN "HORRIBLE PAIN" INSTEAD OF "EXTREME PAIN", THEN I COULD HAVE SURGERY. PITIFUL! MICHAEL MOORE WAS RIGHT; DOCTORS DON'T WANT YOU TO GET BETTER, THEY JUST WANT YOUR MONEY!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2010

I saw Dr. Reiss for a 7mm herniated disc. I asked for epidural steroid injections first b/c I had not tried that option. He didn't offer, I ASKED. He said he would do the epidurals and I was sent to scheduling. This was a Tuesday; they sent me home claiming computer problems & that they would call me later with an appointment. I never got a call; I called the following Monday, they told me again that I was one of the next two people to get scheduled for an epi--and once again, I NEVER got the appointment. I have the feeling that I got the shaft by this doctor b/c I didn't choose surgery; i.e., a more profitable treatment. I have had to go back to my MD, get another referral, and wait several more weeks while in excrutiation pain. This doctor and his office are detestable and their business practice is shady.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2009

Very knowledgable and straight to the point, which is what I was looking for.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2008

Dr. Steven J. Reiss's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)