Ratings for Dr. Jay S. Bender

Dr. Bender and the staff you interact with are great. The people behind the scenes... not so great. Currently going through two different billing coding error nightmares that have dragged out months in one case and over a year in another. The billing folks do not answer the phone or return calls. The billing service they use is totally incompetent. We are hoping to get them motivated by bringing in an advocate/and or the Texas Department of Insurance.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

This guy is terrible. My daughter broke her ankle. They called at 5:50pm the night before to cancel surgery. I called Dr. Bender, what a waste of time. This guy act like he is the only one that has a schedule to keep. I would not recommend him. He is very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2013

My knee surgery was a disaster. Constant pain. Dr Bender does not seem to believe me and tells me that it is distributed pain from L3. Since when does L3 cause swelling at the remote site? I think that the real problem is that he used a Zimmer knee replacement. These are the one of the cheapest and least reliable knee replacements on the market (according to my sources). I was never given an opportunity to select which knee replacement I was to be given. This would have helped. I have requested second opinions but no other doctors I have talked to will treat a Zimmer knee. So, I am stuck with Dr. Bender - who messed it up in the first place. I trusted him. Don't make the same mistake. You could wind up with no options too.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2012

Dr. Bender is the kind of doctor who has one foot out the door as soon as he steps one foot in. He is very hard to to talk to. He will not explain what is going on with your body, which I think we have a right to know. He has the worst bedside manner I have ever seen. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2008

I needed bilateral knee surgery and did physical therapy and experimental injections 1st which didnt work. I had to deal with his nurse Susan which she isnt very nice. I finally needed knee surgery due to arthritis and could not hardly walk. I am a nurse at the hospital and I was in a great deal of pain. Decided to have the surgery and went to Dr Bender. His nurse said he would NOT do both my knees at same time that I'd have to go somewhere else if that is what I had planned. I flat told her I knew it could be done and wanted him to do it so he finally came in the room and saw me and I told him what I wanted. No he did not want to do both at same time but after a lengthy discussion he agreed. He told me when he'd do it and that nurse Susan acted like it made her mad cause he said he would. I had to go through my regular doctor who called Dr Bender and made the surgery date. I am 100% please with my surgery. Dr. Bender did them both same time. I have had NO Problems.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2008

This doctor is great, even though you most often have a long wait. Maybe it is because he dilegently takes time with each patient, listens to you, and is caring and thorough. His staff is also very polite and attentive. So what if only covers one issue at a time; its unique, but he has reasons for it. Ask him; or make two appointments, or learn to fix one thing at a time! I've had three surgeries with him, and would highly recommend him to anyone needing carpal tunnel or trigger finger! He fixed my problems, each and every time.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2006

I have a shoulder cuff injury and brought in an MRI from a previous doctor and he didnt even look at it. I also had another problem with my arm and 2 different nurses said that he only addresses one issue per visit, and that they did not have the time. They took an Xray and didnt even bring it in and explain anything to me. The least caring doctor Ive ever been to. My advice... find a different doctor

flag | Submitted August 18, 2005

Dr. Jay S. Bender's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1992)