Ratings for Dr. Juanita Crook

Dr Crook and her team have provided excellent care while addressing my prostate cancer. Her attention to detail is impressive. Even when on a very busy schedule she has always given her time and attention generously so my wife and I fully understand the issues and the treatment options available. She leads her team by example and they are an exceptional team. Her advances with brachytherapy for breast cancer patients is a great step forward. We are very fortunate to have Dr Crook in B.C.!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

She is now at the Kelowna BC Cancer institute. She knows here stuff and has a large following of Doctors from around the world doing fellowships

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

My Gleason score was a 7 and my PSA just under 10: "intermediate stage". I opted for brachytherapy instead of surgery or external beam radiation with a "brachy" boost and the clinical trial and am convinced that I made the right decision. Because of the Ont. guidelines, I had to pay for the "seeds", needles and the PMH admin charge. That's what $ are for. Insce. covered all but $600. Dr. Crook and her team are my heroes. I felt comfortable and taken care of during the entire process and had minimal "side effects" (now 5 mo. from my "procedure". I am convinced that her careful planning, skilled seed placement and follow up dosimentry led to the success of my treatment. (4 PSA on urology consultation, 7 PSA on biopsy and cancer diagnosis, near 10 PSA on treatment and now 2.5 PSA. She is the best. She was really there for me when I needed help.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2009

Outstanding doctor, and excellent results. I felt 100% comfortable before, at the time of, and after the brachytheraphy that I was in excellent care.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Excllent doctor for brachy therapy - 100% satisfied

flag | Submitted April 13, 2008

Dr. Crook is an internationally recognized leader in Prostate Brachytherapy. She is thorough, caring and patient. I would highly recommend her. She took the time to properly stage my prostate cancer, something that wasn't done in Hamilton.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2007