Ratings for Dr. Jerry A. Matlen

Doesn't return phone calls. Waited 1 hour in waiting room and saw him for 5 minutes. He was arrogant. Won't go back to him.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

I SEEN THIS DOCTOR FOR A WORKMENS COMPENSATION EVAUATION FOR AUTO OWNERS INSURANCE,THE ROOM I WAS IN WAS SO SMALL,BARELEY TWO PEOPLE COULD FIT IN IT,THIS DOCTOR CLAIMS HE DID A PROPER EVALUATION ON MY BACK,HE ONLY DOES KNEES AND HIPS,I FEEL HE DID NOT DO A PROPER EVALUATION AND LET ME EXPLAIN MY BACK PROBLEM,BECAUSE HE GETS PAID ALOT OF MONEY FROM INSURANCE COMPANIES TO WRITE UP UNFAIR REPORTS SO YOUR BENEFITS WILL BE PUT ON A NOTICE OF DISPUTE ,HE WAS VERY UNFRENDLY,HE ASKED WHAT I CALL TRICK QUESTIONS,IF THE EVALUATION WOULD HAVE BEEN LONGER THAN 10 MINUTES,I COULD HAVE EXPLAINED MY BACK PROBLEM IN MORE DETAIL,BUT HE DID NOT WANT ME TO SPEAK,I FOUND OUT THAT DOCTORS LIKE THIS WRITE UP UNFAIR REPORTS FOR INSURANCE COMPANIES,HIS CLAIM ON THAT DAY WAS NO MUSCLE SPASM FOUND ON LEFT SIDE OF MY BACK OR SIGNS OF RADICULOPATHY,HE ALSO NOTED I TOOK NO MEDICATIONS THAT DAY,I DID HAVE MUSCLE SPASM THAT DAY AND ALOT OF PAIN ON LEFT SIDE OF BACK,I DID NOT TAKE MEDICATION BECAUSE I WAS DRIVING.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2012

My son had a severely broken arm set with a steel plate about 25 years ago. Dr. Matlen did a superb job in fixing his arm. He hasn't had any trouble with it in all this time. I was extremely grateful for this great doctor. No hesitation in seeing him.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2009

Dr. Matlen is attentive and takes his time explaining the problem and offering options. He doesn't push surgery if you don't need it.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2007

Dr. Jerry A. Matlen's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)