Ratings for Dr. Parimal C. Desai

I have been seeing Dr. Desai for a long time, but have to say the last few times I have been VERY dissapointed. I will start by saying he is a very good and nice man and very smart. Now being a nurse myself for many years and worked in both the hospital and as supervisor of a family practice, there are few things I hvae issues with. First I came to see him very sick and was taken back to a room by the receptionist. Second I waited in the room for an hour and nobody let me know what was going on or apologized. Third and most shocking was that NOT ONE BASIC VITAL SIGN was taken from me. Not a blood pressure, temperature(when I got home my temp was 101.5) or pulse rate. I know he is a very smart man, but I don't think any patient that is sick should not have those basic vital signs taken, ecspecially after waiting for an hour.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2012

The wait time in doctor's office is always 1 hours or more. The doctor tries to schedule for more office visits for general treatments which can be done in one visit. Very disappointing.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Desais when he had his own practice, when he joined PWFM, and when he branched out on his own again. I have never had a bad experience with him. He is knowledgeable, compasionate, and thorough.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2010

Have been a patient of his for over 10 years. Very happy with his service. He is personable, listens to the patient, and is very knowlegeabale and helpful. Establishing himself in his own office was a major plus! Very highly recommend Dr. Desai!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

I have been with Dr. Desai for over 10 years. He will be the first to send you to a specialist if he can't assist you, however, he always monitors your progress.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2009

I liked Dr. Desai a lot better when he was a part of PWFM. Now that he has opened his own practice he is not so much desirable. At one of my visits I had to get blood drawn. His nurse, who is not very friendly, came in and seemed to not have things in order for it. This made me question her ability and I asked her where she trained. I was surprised to learn she has had no official training, only OTJ. The entire appointment seemed rushed and Dr. Desai wasn't as attentive as I remembered him being. I've made the decision to stick with the family practice that he branched out of for this reason.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2008

Dr. Desai is one of the best doctors I have ever had. He takes the time to sit down and listen to you. He is extremely knowledgeable and compasionate. If you have to go to a specialist, he also recommends the best specialists around. His office staff at the Manassas office is OK, but the Gainesville office is right on top of things. I highly, highly recommend Dr. Desai.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2007

Makes you wait a long time. Staff not knowledgable.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2007

Dr. Parimal C. Desai's Credentials

• Kasturba Med Coll, Mysore Univ, Mangalore, Karnataka, India (Grad. 1989)

Pacificare