Ratings for Dr. Anne M. Teerink

When going in to change birth controls once, Dr Anne gave me a long spiel about the importance of waiting to have sex until you are married, even going into detail that she was glad as had waited. She also told me that God wants us to be ready to have children, and we need to listen to him. The whole thing was very awkward, I felt like she was telling me I slept around too much (which I do not do) because I wanted to change my birth control. I also felt it was out of her place to talk to me about religious views and expectations. I felt like a child being given a lecture. Not my favorite DR

flag | Submitted June 28, 2014

Dr. Teerink was cold and seemed uncaring. When I addressed a serious concern of mine she all but laughed. She was unclear about what the next steps in my treatment would be. I also felt that she did not listen to me and was trying to hurry it up and get to her next appt. The front desk staff was helpful but the assisting staff I found to be robotic and unfeeling. I was very disappointed and left feeling that I hadn't been heard and my needs hadn't been addressed or even considered.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2012

Dr. Teerink is very good. I am diabetic and struggle to stay in good control. I like how she works with me, not blaming but informing. She refers me to a specialist when needed, and carefully listens to me, and treats my problems fully. I have been a satisfied patient for over four years now.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2011

I usually see her husband, Duayne. But 1 time I seen Anne for an infection in my eye. She said she 'thought' is was viral and gave a prescription for ointment. It went away but, I felt like that it wasn't professional for her to say that she thought it was something but, didn't even swab it. Glad I only seen her once! She's more into in and out of the room to even care or have concerns for patient's needs.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2011

Will not renew prescriptions in a timely manner. Group Health told me this month that they wouldn't call or fax her office again because they had used up all resources to renew the blood pressure I quested. This has happened NURMEROUS times since I've gone to Dr. Teerrink who previously worked OB. In my opinion she doesn't know how to treat patients who are not having a baby. I believe young early moms do not need the medications that Medicare paients require. I feel she is puting herself out to deal with me..

flag | Submitted November 23, 2010

Very uncaring about my pain. Would not honor my request to go to pain management clinic for 4 months, nor would she prescribe anything for me. Staff would not return calls. Reception people gave out medical advice. Did not ever get good medical care when I really needed it. Felt like it was more important for her to get me back in for next appointment then to take care of problem at the time.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2010

Dr. Anne is very tenacious. She doesn't quit until she finds the answer to the problem. She also is very good at orchestrating specialists so they communicate and do their jobs better. After years of illness she found the answer to my problems and helped me get things repaired. Can run late but worth it. Her husband also in office and also very good.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2007

Dr. Anne M. Teerink's Credentials

• Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2003)