Ratings for Dr. J.J. Miles

He promised a lot--exposure therapy for my phobia, but delivered nothing, was late, left midway through sessions and ended our relationship by saying he coudn't help me, while promising an alternative that never came...

flag | Submitted February 19, 2018

Dr. J.J. Miles is a very intelligent and knowledgeable man whom has helped me in my life as a child and adolescent through foster care and now as an adult woman still struggling from the effects of being a foster child. Dr. Miles listens, cares, and encourages. I would refer him to anyone looking for professional support.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2018

Dr. Miles helps to my transgender partner to go through a transition. During his sessions we were solving suicidal thoughts, serious depressions, challenges of transgender person in society, traumas from childhood such as being abandoned and abused ect.... Experience, empathy, knowledge and efforts of Dr. Miles are amazing and we feel very lucky to have him. His listening ear is able to notice all nuances and select very accurately the red flags from less important information. He does not dictate to the patient, what to do, but thanks to his very experienced guidance any attentive and self reflective patient get great chance to be able to see things in different perspective and to overcome the life challenges in much better way. As mentioned in older ratings, Dr. Miles did inform us that his family circumstances sometimes urge him to leave unexpectedly. He mentioned it during our first session, and we immediately took it as a great sign of fairness and honesty. Simply, people who help and support others, also sometimes need help and support. We would recommend Dr. Miles to anybody, who needs help to solve problems and who is able and willing to cooperate.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2016

Had this really weird habit of telling me to rephrase things in a more positive way, then spinning it in a way that was much worse than how I originally said it. He's also a big fan of that law of attraction nonsense.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

I really like him, he was able to help me with many things, wrote letters when needed and was attentive when I needed it. at times when I was going through crisis, I was able to schedule a emergency session with him, very understanding.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

He is very arrogant and full or himself. ONly talks about himself wastes my time and money not helping but going off topic constantly. Very costly and not very helpful

flag | Submitted April 19, 2015

I tried to leave a review before but it got deleted, and I don't know why. I didn't say anything that could be considered a lie or even slightly slanderous, I merely gave an honest opinion of this doctor and why I stopped seeing him. When I first started going to Dr. Miles, he was very helpful. I was quite a mess before I started seeing him, which is a given considering that I suffered from severe depression and generalized anxiety for over a decade before I first saw him. The first 10 sessions were a great help to me. Anything after that just started to feel redundant. I can't entirely blame him for this, since I was quite fixated on certain specific issues in my life at the time. However, I do feel like during my last few sessions with him, he began to judge me in a very palpable and obvious way (his tone, the things he said, etc). I also really started to feel like he didn't really care about what was going on in our sessions (i.e. what I was talking about), and he didn't really clue in to things about me that were obvious red flags - things that indicated my attachment problems, which cause greater stress and problems over the long term. Again, a lot of the topics became quite narrowed down over time, but as a psychologist, you would think he would try to get a broader scope of what's going on in my life and see if there was anything else that needed attention. He instead let me focus my attention on very specific things, which after a while wasn't even helping me anymore.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

Excellent and knowledgeable professional who often puts others before himself.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

Overall, a helpful and understanding psychologist, with lots of credentials and experience to bring to the table. I would say he's very intelligent, and that can work in your favour, if you can see that, be patient, and be receptive to his advice. He doesn't have a magic wand, and no psychologist does.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2013