Ratings for Dr. J.J. Miles

Dr. Miles helps to my transgender partner to go through a transition. During his sessions we were solving suicidal thoughts, serious depressions, challenges of transgender person in society, traumas from childhood such as being abandoned and abused ect.... Experience, empathy, knowledge and efforts of Dr. Miles are amazing and we feel very lucky to have him. His listening ear is able to notice all nuances and select very accurately the red flags from less important information. He does not dictate to the patient, what to do, but thanks to his very experienced guidance any attentive and self reflective patient get great chance to be able to see things in different perspective and to overcome the life challenges in much better way. As mentioned in older ratings, Dr. Miles did inform us that his family circumstances sometimes urge him to leave unexpectedly. He mentioned it during our first session, and we immediately took it as a great sign of fairness and honesty. Simply, people who help and support others, also sometimes need help and support. We would recommend Dr. Miles to anybody, who needs help to solve problems and who is able and willing to cooperate.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2016

Had this really weird habit of telling me to rephrase things in a more positive way, then spinning it in a way that was much worse than how I originally said it. He's also a big fan of that law of attraction nonsense.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

I really like him, he was able to help me with many things, wrote letters when needed and was attentive when I needed it. at times when I was going through crisis, I was able to schedule a emergency session with him, very understanding.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

He is very arrogant and full or himself. ONly talks about himself wastes my time and money not helping but going off topic constantly. Very costly and not very helpful

flag | Submitted April 19, 2015

I tried to leave a review before but it got deleted, and I don't know why. I didn't say anything that could be considered a lie or even slightly slanderous, I merely gave an honest opinion of this doctor and why I stopped seeing him. When I first started going to Dr. Miles, he was very helpful. I was quite a mess before I started seeing him, which is a given considering that I suffered from severe depression and generalized anxiety for over a decade before I first saw him. The first 10 sessions were a great help to me. Anything after that just started to feel redundant. I can't entirely blame him for this, since I was quite fixated on certain specific issues in my life at the time. However, I do feel like during my last few sessions with him, he began to judge me in a very palpable and obvious way (his tone, the things he said, etc). I also really started to feel like he didn't really care about what was going on in our sessions (i.e. what I was talking about), and he didn't really clue in to things about me that were obvious red flags - things that indicated my attachment problems, which cause greater stress and problems over the long term. Again, a lot of the topics became quite narrowed down over time, but as a psychologist, you would think he would try to get a broader scope of what's going on in my life and see if there was anything else that needed attention. He instead let me focus my attention on very specific things, which after a while wasn't even helping me anymore.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

Excellent and knowledgeable professional who often puts others before himself.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

Overall, a helpful and understanding psychologist, with lots of credentials and experience to bring to the table. I would say he's very intelligent, and that can work in your favour, if you can see that, be patient, and be receptive to his advice. He doesn't have a magic wand, and no psychologist does.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2013

flag | Submitted December 4, 2012

Dr jj miles thinks he is the best thing out there. Every sentence he starts off with is "im a psycologist". Well guess what no one cares.Maybe you should spend less time analyzing others and look in the mirrior at your problems. Your deffinatley bi polar and from what i can tell you don take the blame for anything you dont hear. You think everyone else has problems but truley its you. Your licence should be taken away and you should go work a night job where no one has to talk to you.Everyone who meets you dislikes you. Your very much in the wrong job.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2012

This man is completely ridiculous. He comes off very arrogant, and can even be rude. He has done absolutely nothing for me, but acts like he has. The information he gives me turn out false, and this tells me that he does not care about my situation. All he wants to do is make things easier for him, while making it seem like he’s working hard to help me out. He cuts me off to talk about things completely unrelated, usually his daughter or some useless knowledge. And by useless knowledge, I mean the irrelevant things he mentions to make himself sound smart. Also, he likes to talk about his background, in which he claims to have grown up in the ghetto, and how “unlikely it is for someone from such a background to get this kind of degree”. When it’s my turn to talk, he nods his head quickly, as if he was telling me to shut up already. In an indirect manner, he once even made an insulting comment (which was totally unnecessary). I regret every session I went to. He is absolutely useless.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2011