Ratings for Dr. Ralph Folman

Dr Folman has the worst bedside manner imaginable. I took my kids to him at the emergency clinic and he not only misdiagnosed them and prescribed asthma medication & antibiotics. He was quite unpleasant and outright rude. The following day I too my kids to their p aediatrician, who was dismayed at the prescription and diagnosis of Dr Folman. He should retire!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

We saw Dr. Folman at the Kid's walk in clinic at the hospital in Mississauga. We went to him for a second opinion on my son's rash and he was very helpful and knowledgeable. Although we waiting a little over 2 hours to see him, it was worth it. He is not the kind to give you a hug, but he is very helpful.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2012

I just read here "that's just her personalty " about the receptionist.Common she is HORRIBLE!!! She is just rude or better said a bully ,seems to have some issues that make her act this way .I don't know if it's still the same one working there ,tall ,short ,blond ,curly hair .I stopped seeing the Doctor in 2004 after being ****ed at once again .I don't need to be treated like**** at every visit ,or have my child witness this kind of behavior.I do think that a friendly receptionist is very important cause WE have to deal with them all the time.I also think that the receptionist is the reflection of the Doctor .If you ask me she should be fired immediately !She treats everyone like dirt not just me .I have overheard that more than once.I DO NOT have time for this !

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011

I have taken my son to Dr Folman for six years now. He is very business- like and if you are looking for someone to hold your hand, that is not his style. But, if you are looking for an excellent Doctor, who looks at a problem carefully, that is Dr. Folman. My son was very ill and so I know first hand that Dr. Folman does not give up until he has found out what is going on. We went to two pediatricians before finding Dr. Folman. He was the only one who could diagnose my son and help us. My son loves him.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2010

I also am disappointed by the number of negative comments on here. I will be turning 18 in September, and Dr. F has been my pediatrician as well as my sisters since we were born. Dee can be rather abrupt at times, but I have never found her rude or disrespectful. Dr. F is an extremely busy man. He has tons of patients that need to be cared for and he takes his time to make sure they get what they're expecting of him. Sometimes service is slow, but I do not think it is the doctor's fault. Dr. F is extremely well-mannered and very helpful. He asks enough questions to get you your diagnoses and get it treated. He has always given me helpful medication and treatment. He is very knowledgeable on any subject my mom or dad have asked him about. He knows his stuff, being an older man, he clearly has had a lot of good experience. I would highly recommend Dr. Folman to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2010

I find some of the comments surprising about Dr. Folman's arrogance and attitude. No, he's not gonna give you a hug and a teddy bear during your visit. And why should he be interested in your opinion - are you a doctor? All I know is that in our first visit, my daughter went through urinalysis, ECG, bloodwork and x-ray and was diagnosed - all within 45 mins...we spent over a year with our previous pediatrician and didn't get what we got from Dr. F in 45 mins! Within 1 month of Dr. F's visit, there was significant improvement with my daughter. The reception is very frosty, on par with most medical receptionists. Are you looking for great customer service or professional medical advise? It's a doctor's office, not walmart.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2010

Dr Ralph is helpfull and knowledgable.He is confident but does not alwaya have smile on his face.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2010

Dr R.Folman is an amazing Doctor. I guess it's hard to make all the patients happy as we all have different expectations. Dr is very knowledgeable and very helpful, my doughter loves him...plus he speaks few languages english-polish which is very helpful for others. All this people that put negative rating, i would sugest you stop complaining and look at the positive side of life. Yes i do belive dr Folman should have a talk with his secretary, but i also belive she dosn't mean to be that way, its just her personality:) all the best to Dr Folman and his team. Anna

flag | Submitted February 28, 2010

It takes time to recognize Dr. Folman's style, knowledge and professionalism. Once recognized, one could only be happy about dealing with someone that good. Dr. Folman is an old school doctor (which is a compliment), who will not treat you as a "case" with a-z procedures to fill, but as a real person with concerns and problems. Dr. Folman will go above and beyond in doing things right and make the system work for you as much as possible. I am happy with him treating my only daugther, simply happy we have him.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2009

Dr Folman is very knowledgable and very helpful. The receptionaist is the worst one you will see in a medical clinic and very un professional.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2009