Ratings for Dr. Jean Fechheimer

I also had a very "uncomfortable" experience with Dr. Feccheimer. VERY poor bedside manner! She was indeed very condescending, making me feel really stupid whenever I asked a question. As if I should have known the answer. And that weird smiling someone mentioned in a previous review definitely made me so uneasy. Also toward the end of my pregnancy, she actually got very angry and curt with me when I wasn't sure what to do when I was leaking fluid. She hemm'd and haugh'd when she had to schedule an ultrasound and was just mad at me it seemed. It was my first pregnancy and I had no idea what to do. That's what I thought doctors were for?? I usually left her office crying:( It's pretty bad when you are hoping your own doctor IS NOT on call when you're delivering your baby. Luckily for us, our little one held out long enough for the doc shift switch and we ended up having a great delivery with one of the other doctors on call.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2009

My first visit, i did not like her at all. She appeared to be cold and condescending. By the next visit, she warmed up to me, and it's like i saw a different person! Every visit after that, she has been wonderful and cheering me up every time. I am very happy with her. Maybe she was in a bad mood that one time? So fat so good :)The staff in the office is nice, but a couple of times i left a message for a nurse, and i had to call back to check why she did not call back...I assume the front desk forgot to pass on the message? Overall, they are nice.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2009

Unfortunately, my experience with Dr. Fechheimer was not the most pleasant. Although she answered all of my questions and concerns, I did not appreciate her smiling at the most inappropriate times. Also, it was impossible to get to her without speaking to the staff at the reception about my problems and concerns first. Sadly, the receptionists were neither caring nor sympathetic. As I was dealing with very difficult news, it made my experience emotionally unbearable. I have since decided to switch my Ob/Gyn and will never go back.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2009

The staff have always been very personable and efficient. Dr. Fechheimer delivered my children and was always professional, caring and courteous. One of my pregnancies was met with several challenges and was a difficult pregnancy. Through the entire process Dr. Fechheimer demonstrated extraordinary patience, kindness and concern for my well being and assisted me with surgeon referrals for my baby when I delivered. Dr. Fechheimer was with me every step of the way through this pregnancy and went above and beyond in terms of caring, kindness and compassion. I will always be grateful to Dr. Fechheimer for supporting me through the pregnancy and delivering my baby.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2009

I could not disagree more with the previous poster. Dr. F. is patient, caring and re-assuring. Extremely helpful and hard working.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2008

She went above and beyond my expectations in trying to be helpful with a very difficult problem - even calling several weeks later to see how things were going.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2008

Condescending, dismissive and downright unpleasant. Avoid at all costs. Office staff are wonderful though.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2008

Dr. Jean Fechheimer's Credentials

• Boston Univ Sch Of Med, Boston Ma 02118 (Grad. 1981)

Ameritas