Ratings for Dr. Peter England

Peter is everything you want in a doctor for a first time pregnancy, calm, kind, reassuring and extremely thorough. I had an issue free pregnancy but went into labour at just under 35 weeks. Peter and the teams quick action kept Alec in utereo for two more days and allowed his lungs to further develop through a steroids injection. The team are wonderful and very kind and knowledgeable with the post natal care. I cannot rate or thank them enough.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2017

I was looking at this site for something else and I was reminded of my experience with Peter England. This is a really late rating as my children are now 11 and 12 but you don't ever forget the kindness offered to you in exceptional circumstances. I read the other reviews and I thought it was funny that people thought he had no people skills, I guess I can see why as he is not overly gushy, but then again, that's not the skill I am after when I want a safe delivery, he is however genuine and very considerate. My second child was born the night before my mother died, she was gravely ill with a brain tumour and it was an extremely difficult and emotional time. I had a toddler, was 39 weeks pregnant and my mother was about to die. Peter and his team were simply amazing. No fuss, they quietly got on with everything in the background and were very reassuring. My daughter was born and within 2 hours I was with my mother and she got to meet her before she died. I am a nurse and I know the health system well. All of that is not possible without someone working "on your side". If you want to be the centre of attention and be fussed over as the only person who has ever delivered a baby, maybe you do need someone else, but if you want someone who appears to be able to rise to any genuine occasion, is safe and genuinely has the interests of your child at the forefront, then I still to this day recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2017

Very caring and calm and knowledgable. I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Dr England was referred to us by a friend and I can't speak more highly of him and the wonderful ladies who work with him. He delivered our baby girl by emergency ceaserian in April 2015. After several straight forward consultations we reached a point at 32 weeks when my amniotic fluid became low, he spotted it on his ultrasound and then referred me to radiology where he also got a second opinion from a consulting doctor. From that point he had me returning to see him weekly to keep a close eye on the situation. He suggested I finish work earlier as he anticipated an early delivery. Sure enough as predicted my fluid level had become critically low at 36 weeks and our baby had to be delivered. My husband and I felt that we were in the best possible hands during the pregnancy and the birth and Dr England's team were always happy to take my call when ever I had any questions (and still do so today!). We simply can't thank Peter and his team enough for taking such good care of us delivering our baby girl safely! Dr England was referred to us by a friend and I can't speak more highly of him and the wonderful ladies who work with him. He delivered our baby girl by emergency ceaserian in April 2015. After several straight forward consultations we reached a point at 32 weeks when my amniotic fluid became low, he spotted it on his ultrasound and then referred me to radiology where he also got a second opinion from a consulting doctor. From that point he had me returning to see him weekly to keep a close eye on the situation. He suggested I finish work earlier as he anticipated an early delivery. Sure enough as predicted my fluid level had become critically low at 36 weeks and our baby had to be delivered. My husband and I felt that we were in the best possible hands during the pregnancy and the birth and Dr England's team were always happy to take my call when ever I had any questions (and still do so today!). We simply can't thank Peter and his team enough for taking such good care of us and delivering our baby girl safely!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

I found him to be quite caring, but also very inflexible in his manner.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015

Worst dr ever. was in early labour Friday (he didn't tell me he wasn't working on the weekend). did three internals during that week. ended up with c section due to existing hip condition which prevented vaginal delivery. he didn't listen when i explained my limitations throughout the pregnancy. I ended up with c section on the Sunday with a fabulous fill in dr who was shocked that Peter England hadn't organized a scheduled c section knowing I would not be able to have the baby naturally. i ended up in horrendous pain after leaving hospital due to uterine infection as a result of the unnecessary internal examinations Peter did on me. He had a terrible manner and was dismissive and rude to both me and my husband throughout the pregnancy. Don't give him your money. there are other great ob's out there. I've had two others since who were both amazing.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

Excellent knowledge and skills. Delivered my baby by cs. Recovered very well. No complications. Office staff is very helpful and kind, specifically jemma and Cathy. I didn't like his new midwife. Found her rude, Peter is very good in what he does except a bit forgetful of his patients. Probably coz he is busy. Overall had a good experience.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

Skilled doctor but made me cry when I requested a different option. Zero people skills.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2014

He was my obstetrician for my second pregnancy, and he was rude, offensive, didn't even recognise me as his patient one time (he said why would I need to be at your delivery???) I said because I'm paying you to be there. Which shows me his lack of interested as a patient. I ended up having my baby 6 weeks early because my waters broke. Thank God he was away that weekend and the amazing Dr Mark Umstad delivered me via emergency c-section due to complications. Dr Peter England was the worst obstetrician I have ever had. I have since had another 3 children delivered by Professor Permezel and Dr O'Sullivan which were fantastic.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

I have seen Dr England for two pregnancies. He is a generally a good doctor: compassionate, calm and very experienced. However, he does not cope well if you are well informed and want to ask questions or if you want extra information. I don't know if this is a problem with his social skills or if it is because of that (common) medical attitude that patients should simply accept whatever the doctor suggests. Either way, I won't being using him for my third pregnancy. He seemed to find my simple questions and references to current medical research (from my reading of refereed, scientific, journal articles) to be personally offensive and would ask me questions like "Why did you research, don't you trust me?" If you are the kind of patient who is happy to put your faith completely in their doctor and don't want to be fully informed, he really is a good doctor. But if you want to be actively involved in your care and to have all your questions answered, you may run into problems.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2013