Ratings for Dr. Zalman Levine

Dr. Levine and his staff provide an incredible experience that surely ease the ride through infertility. His friendly warm smile, and tons of patience to listen, made us feel like the only patients today. While the waiting room outside can be loaded.. He is highly experienced and professional, so you can trust him blindly. Lastly, his staff is caring and friendly, providing amazing relief no matter the outcome."

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

Excellent Dr. and staff, very calm. and explains everything you need to know!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

I don't know if I will ever be able to find the right words to describe how amazing Dr. Levine and his entire staff are, but I am going to try. My wife and I really wanted to start a family, and we wanted to work with a practice that had helped LGBT couples. From the moment I contacted them, via their website, Sarah, the Practice Manager was very responsive, transparent, and extremely pleasant to deal with. She forwarded me to Janine, who is the Patient Liaison. We spoke on the phone, and it was as if she had known me my entire life. She made the conversation so easy, and effortless. She scheduled a visit with Dr. Levine for April 2017. We met with Michelle H., an RN in the office, and I was so pleasantly surprised by how extremely nice she was. I still, even after graduating, email her anytime I have questions, or want to share something. Even though she does not have to answer, she ALWAYS does, and I absolutely LOVE her! Dr. Levine is an incredible human being, and I am honored to have been able to have him on this journey with us. From day one, he smiled every single time he saw us. He took his time to explain everything to us from beginning to end, and answered all of our questions. He was enthusiastic, and full of energy every morning we went in for monitoring and insemination. I also have to thank Cathy, because every single time she took blood, I NEVER felt a thing. She is amazing at what she does, and always so nice to talk to. Today, and every single day for the rest of our lives, we will be grateful for Dr. Levine, the staff, and our wonderful nurses.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

I cannot say enough about the care Dr. Levine provides his patients. My fertility journey was long and complicated, but his professionalism and sincere investment in treating me helped make a difficult process feel manageable. Over the four years I worked with him, he stayed optimistic and compassionate and it made all the difference. Dr. Levine and his staff truly exceptional.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Wonderful! Dr. Levine and staff made our time with the Fertility Institute a stress free experience. We trusted Dr. Levine's expertise every steps of the process and are now blessed with a little one on the way at our first attempt with IVF! We could not be happier.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

We had an absolutely wonderful experience with Dr. Levine. His care, help and support really helped us throughout this journey. Thank you for all that you have done for us.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

I was nervous about beginning infertility treatments. Once I went to my first appointment with Dr. Levine, I knew I needn't have been. Dr. Levine's warmth and sensitivity, coupled with his extensive medical knowledge made me immediately comfortable. He and his staff were always cheerful and empathetic which I appreciated so much on this difficult journey. I will forever be grateful to Dr. Levine and his staff!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

Dr. Levine is the most caring and knowledgeable reproductive endocrinologist. He and his staff are always so kind and helpful. No matter how many questions I have or how many obstacles we met along the way, they were always there to reassure me and guide me. Dr. Levine is thorough and really is attuned to the patient's needs. I recommend Dr. Levine to everyone.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Dr. Levine is an excellent doctor and an expert in his field. But, most importantly, he is an amazingly caring human being. The first time I came to his office, he personally came out into the waiting room to greet me and bring me in for the consultation. I never experienced anything like that before, and I've seen more than my fair share of doctors. At that moment I already had a good feeling that I was in the right place. Dr. Levine and his staff are simply the best. After four unsuccessful IVFs I had at other clinics, dr. Levine was able to help me get pregnant on the second IUI! I felt that very time he gave me an ultrasound to check for the next pregnancy milestone, he was almost holding his breath, until he saw what he was looking for. Then, with a huge smile on hismface, he would tell me that everything was great! Dr. Levine raally made me feel like I was his only patient and that he truly and sincerely wanted me to succeed. I wish he could be my obgyn, my dermatologist, cardiologists, dentist etc. A doctor like this is really hard to find and I feel so lucky. My only regret is that I didn't some to him sooner. My advice to anyone looking for an RE is to not get carried away with the success rate published on various websites. They are just statistics which depend on so many different variables and not everyone is clearly reporting them on their website. I got fooled into thinking that all I needed was a clinic with great success rates not realizing that a part of the reason why this particular big infertility clinic had such great success rate was because they refused to do day 3 embryo transfers. I now know that while it's important to find an infertility expert, it is even more important to have a doctor who cares for you as an individual, not just numbers and statistics. Fighting infertility is not only physically challenging, but it's also emotionally draining. So,having a doctor who cares can make all the difference in the world. For me it did. I can never thank dr. Levine and his amazing staff enough for helping me get pregnant.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2016

My husband and I needed IVF and we met with doctors in 6 different fertility centers in Manhattan and NJ. When we met Dr. Zalman Levine, we knew we had found the right doctor, He spent more than an hour with us and took the time to talk to us and review the thick stack of records we brought, He was the first doctor who made us feel like more than a number in an IVF factory. Dr. Levine is an expert in IVF and he and his lab treated us with all the scientific techniques that the big clinics do, but he and his staff cared about us as people and treated us with kindness and warmth... and somehow, even though he has a full waiting room, Dr. Levine made us feel like we were his most important patients. I don't know how he does it, but he does it. We ended up doing IVF with PGD. We had 1 normal embryo and got pregnant. We were so disappointed that only 1 of our embryos was normal, but Dr. Levine kept on stressing the positive and saying all you need is one, stay focused and stay positive. AND HE WAS RIGHT. We feel so lucky to have met Dr. Levine and we credit him and his staff with making our dreams come true. It sounds funny to say, but now that I have been seeing my OB for a few months we miss those early mornings at Dr. Levine's office! We can't wait to visit him soon with our baby. Thank you Dr. Levine and thank you to all the nurses and receptionists of the Fertility Institute!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2016

Dr. Zalman Levine's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Zalman Levine, Co-Director of the Fertility Institute of NJ & NY, is a Board-certified specialist in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (REI). His clinical expertise encompasses all areas of assisted reproduction including ovulation induction, intrauterine insemination (IUI), in vitro fertilization (IVF), preimplantation genetic testing (PGD and PGS), and oocyte cryopreservation (egg freezing) for fertility preservation. Dr. Levine was recruited by the Fertility Institute in 2002 to provide our patients with the most advanced reproductive technologies. Prior to joining our team, he served as Clinical and Research Fellow at Harvard University alongside prominent leaders in the REI field, teaching reproductive medicine and surgery at Harvard Medical School and at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston. He has performed pioneering research, presented at national conferences, published in the medical literature, and received many academic awards for his research, teaching, and surgical skill. Before beginning his medical career, Dr. Levine studied at Yeshiva University’s theological seminary and is an ordained rabbi who lectures widely on the interface between assisted reproduction and religion. Dr. Levine has been recognized by patients and colleagues for his caring and warmth, clinical innovation, attention to detail, ability to explain and communicate medical concepts in an understandable and sensitive way, and success in helping people become parents.

• Hebrew
  • English
  • Yiddish
  • Spanish

• In vitro fertilization (IVF)
  • Female infertility