Ratings for Dr. Zalman Levine

Dr. Levine is an excellent doctor and an expert in his field. But, most importantly, he is an amazingly caring human being. The first time I came to his office, he personally came out into the waiting room to greet me and bring me in for the consultation. I never experienced anything like that before, and I've seen more than my fair share of doctors. At that moment I already had a good feeling that I was in the right place. Dr. Levine and his staff are simply the best. After four unsuccessful IVFs I had at other clinics, dr. Levine was able to help me get pregnant on the second IUI! I felt that very time he gave me an ultrasound to check for the next pregnancy milestone, he was almost holding his breath, until he saw what he was looking for. Then, with a huge smile on hismface, he would tell me that everything was great! Dr. Levine raally made me feel like I was his only patient and that he truly and sincerely wanted me to succeed. I wish he could be my obgyn, my dermatologist, cardiologists, dentist etc. A doctor like this is really hard to find and I feel so lucky. My only regret is that I didn't some to him sooner. My advice to anyone looking for an RE is to not get carried away with the success rate published on various websites. They are just statistics which depend on so many different variables and not everyone is clearly reporting them on their website. I got fooled into thinking that all I needed was a clinic with great success rates not realizing that a part of the reason why this particular big infertility clinic had such great success rate was because they refused to do day 3 embryo transfers. I now know that while it's important to find an infertility expert, it is even more important to have a doctor who cares for you as an individual, not just numbers and statistics. Fighting infertility is not only physically challenging, but it's also emotionally draining. So,having a doctor who cares can make all the difference in the world. For me it did. I can never thank dr. Levine and his amazing staff enough for helping me get pregnant.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2016

My husband and I needed IVF and we met with doctors in 6 different fertility centers in Manhattan and NJ. When we met Dr. Zalman Levine, we knew we had found the right doctor, He spent more than an hour with us and took the time to talk to us and review the thick stack of records we brought, He was the first doctor who made us feel like more than a number in an IVF factory. Dr. Levine is an expert in IVF and he and his lab treated us with all the scientific techniques that the big clinics do, but he and his staff cared about us as people and treated us with kindness and warmth... and somehow, even though he has a full waiting room, Dr. Levine made us feel like we were his most important patients. I don't know how he does it, but he does it. We ended up doing IVF with PGD. We had 1 normal embryo and got pregnant. We were so disappointed that only 1 of our embryos was normal, but Dr. Levine kept on stressing the positive and saying all you need is one, stay focused and stay positive. AND HE WAS RIGHT. We feel so lucky to have met Dr. Levine and we credit him and his staff with making our dreams come true. It sounds funny to say, but now that I have been seeing my OB for a few months we miss those early mornings at Dr. Levine's office! We can't wait to visit him soon with our baby. Thank you Dr. Levine and thank you to all the nurses and receptionists of the Fertility Institute!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2016

I have never met a doctor like Dr. Levine. He is scary smart with an amazing memory and most importantly he is a really good listener and really cares. He picked up on issues that previous doctors didn't figure out and because of him I am expecting my first child. My husband and I have been waiting, hoping, praying for this pregnancy for 5 years and it's because of Dr. Levine and his amazing staff that our whole life has changed. Thank you, thank you, you will forever be in our hearts.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

I was so happy when I met Dr. Levine, as he is an expert in reproductive endocrinology & infertility, but more importantly he cared for me as a person, not just a patient. He is very knowledgeable, even with my complex medical history, & he was with me and my husband every step of the way - he even called me after my procedures to see how I was recovering! You get individualized attention from the moment you walk in the office & you feel part of the FINJNY family. I can't recommend him enough!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2016

Dr. Levine and his staff are amazing! They are kind, friendly, compassionate, caring and so knowledgeable. We had such a wonderful and successful experience with them.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

Best doctor ever! So understanding and explains everything so clearly! Always positive and always has a smile on his face!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

Wonderful and successful experience with this kind and talented staff.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

Dr. Levine and his staff are very friendly and courteous. They are so warm and compassionate and are genuine in their concern for your future treatment.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

Dr. Levine and his staff were truly essential in ensuring my procedures and medical plan towards pregnancy were met in all ways necessary. From day one I felt at ease and in good hands. They helped me financially be able to afford the high cost of paying out of pocket which I believe truly effected my success. They provided me with emotional support and always made my visits super pleasant and while it's so hard to get up at 6 am to go to any Doctor - I felt good and excited to go to Dr. Levine! I wouldn't have gone anywhere else. I am so happy I chose him and his amazing team!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Dr. Levine is amazing! As soon as we met him, we felt how knowledgeable and POSITIVE he was. It was extremely refreshing to have someone as amazing as Dr Levine able to help us and be with us every step of the way! I highly recommend him to everyone!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

Dr. Zalman Levine's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Zalman Levine, Co-Director of the Fertility Institute of NJ & NY, is a Board-certified specialist in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (REI). His clinical expertise encompasses all areas of assisted reproduction including ovulation induction, intrauterine insemination (IUI), in vitro fertilization (IVF), preimplantation genetic testing (PGD and PGS), and oocyte cryopreservation (egg freezing) for fertility preservation. Dr. Levine was recruited by the Fertility Institute in 2002 to provide our patients with the most advanced reproductive technologies. Prior to joining our team, he served as Clinical and Research Fellow at Harvard University alongside prominent leaders in the REI field, teaching reproductive medicine and surgery at Harvard Medical School and at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston. He has performed pioneering research, presented at national conferences, published in the medical literature, and received many academic awards for his research, teaching, and surgical skill. Before beginning his medical career, Dr. Levine studied at Yeshiva University’s theological seminary and is an ordained rabbi who lectures widely on the interface between assisted reproduction and religion. Dr. Levine has been recognized by patients and colleagues for his caring and warmth, clinical innovation, attention to detail, ability to explain and communicate medical concepts in an understandable and sensitive way, and success in helping people become parents.

• Hebrew
  • English
  • Yiddish
  • Spanish

• In vitro fertilization (IVF)
  • Female infertility