Ratings for Dr. Maura E. Eriksson

Dr. Maura is so rude. I have never seen any mean doctor like her in my life....

flag | Submitted September 30, 2012

The Drs. Eriksson are great. We've been going to their practice since 2000. There has been a lot of turnover with the other docs. I've liked most of them but I'm reluctant to see anyone other than the Erikssons now because I don't know how long they'll be here. Some of the office staff are good, some not so much. Same with the nurses. There have been a few times I've wound up at the CVS Minute Clinic because I didn't get a timely call back from the triage nurse. (timely = within 3-4 hours)

flag | Submitted November 5, 2010

We have used this office for over 14 years for both of our Sons. I'm sad to say that the entire practice has gone way down hill. The office staff fails to make the correct appointments, they return phone calls beyond an acceptable time frame, if they return them at all and then they make excuses and blame it on someone else. They are more concerned with defending themselves and putting balme on others than gettting problems taken care of and patients seen. I'm not sure if it's the Drs. or the office manager but something has gotten completely out of control in this office. One of my children is high risk and he sees several doctors. This is the only office that I ever have problems with. I wish that wasn't the case, but I think it's time to find someone else.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2010

Fantastic doctors and staff, have never been unhappy with their service in the last 10 years

flag | Submitted October 14, 2009

Dr. Maura is actually the only doctor in the practice we haven't seen. My daughter usually sees Dr. Wayne, and my husband and I think he is great. He takes the time to answer all our questions and encourages us to bring a list of questions to appts. I have never felt rushed and have been very happy with his bedside manner. Dr. Killian was also wonderful when we saw her, and was Dr. Eisen. All in all, we have been very happy with this practice so far.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2009

My daughter adores Dr. W. Eriksson, and we have been coming for the last 8 years. I liked both Dr. W and Dr. Killian, who has been quite insightful. I am very unhappy with the staff, who cannot make me feel more unwelcome on the phone. There is little care in the healthcare at this office. I am considering finding a different practice just because it's such an unpleasant experience dealing with the fornt desk and nurses. There is no concern and consideration for you as a patient or you as a worried parent.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2009

I have been going to this practice since early 2003. There have been plenty of changes in the staff which isn't a bad thing. I've had many issues with some staff members, some gone and some still there. For the most part, I don't believe Dr. Erikssons are managing their staff well. We absolutely love Dr. Wayne Eriksson and Dr. Maura Eriksson. They both are very knowledgeable and wonderful with kids. We are not very familiar with Dr. Eisen or Dr. Killian but the few times that we have seen them they have been fine. Staff is hit or miss... sometimes nice, other times very rude!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2008

The doctors and nurses at Union Mill are good, but the office staff have become increasingly rude and hard to deal with in the last couple of years. Recently I was nearly turned away and charged $50 because even though I arrived in the office within the required timeframe, there was someone else in line and the person behind the desk didn't get to me until after the 15 minutes were up. The woman behind the desk literally looked at the clock from every possible angle, trying to see if it was 9:00 or 9:01, before her supervisor told her to let us in. They have also made numerous billing errors -- nearly every time we've been to their office -- and have been quite argumentative in defending their errors. It seems that most of the pleasant members of the office staff, who ran the place at their old location on Union Mill, have mostly left and been replaced by others. Since these are the people you spend most of your time dealing with at the doctor's office, this is not a good thing.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2008

Dr. Eriksson (Mr. and Mrs.) are a blessing! Dr. M. Eriksson is very knowledgable and takes time to explain things to you in detail. Dr. W. Eriksson does more "chatting" than dealing with problems at hand but is still very good. Dr. Eisen is a god send and always has time for you. Dr. Killian, well, she is quite abrupt and rude at times so we don't see her often. Most of the staff is wonderful as well. The referral nurse is especially great! She always completes my referrals, sometimes difficult, without a problem and is very helpful and friendly! I've never had an issue with the billing department as they take care of things right away. I'll admit that a couple of the "older" nurses there are less than desirable (mainly two but won't post their names) but all in all the staff is very helpful in times of need. The only negative thing I can say about this office is the triaging. That nurse is not too helpful at all and very undesirable.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2008

We have been very pleased with all the doctors in this practice. Something that impressed us and we don't think many other doctors would have noticed: It came up that our son doesn't like school, in spite of being very bright. She said that bright kids who don't like school are either not challenged enough, or are dealing with bullies. She was right about the bullies. She gave useful advice about this, which I won't go into here. We would rate all the doctors in this practice with a 5.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2008

Dr. Maura E. Eriksson's Credentials

• Va Commonwealth Univ, Med Coll Of Va Sch Of Med, Richmond Va 23298 (Grad. 1991)

Commercial Insurance Company