Ratings for Dr. Michael S. Amster

Does not take conditions seriously. Does not seem concerned about the well being of the child.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

I can say Dr. Amster and Dr. Eisen are exceptional along with the staff. This is not easy to find everywhere and this is why I commute from Fairfax County to Warrenton for great doctors for my son.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2013

I have always had a wonderful experience at this practice. I have never left the office without feeling confident in what was diagnosed for my children. Dr. Amster makes sure you understand completely and even when he has a full schedule he gives me his full attention and time needed. I recently gave birth to my 3rd child and he came everyday to the hospital to do a check up! Also - If you have any concerns after hours, he is very easy to get a hold of and he never makes you feel bad for calling in the middle of the night! Great doctor all around!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013

Dr Amster always blew off that "paternal instinct" of mine and always became very offended when I would bring up concerns with my sons breathing. When my son turned a year old, I took him in for a sick visit because he couldn't get rid of this cough that he had had for over a week. Dr Amster told me repeatedly that there was nothing wrong with him, even after I expressed my concern for asthma since his father had severe asthma as a child. My child was clearly miserable and there was something that needed to be done. By the end of our office visit, my son was in tears (at just a year old) and even more miserable. As we walked out of the door Dr Amster proceeded to say, "the next time you come in, I'll tell you have to properly discipline your child so that he doesn't act like that". We never returned. One week later we found a new pediatrician who did indeed diagnose him with asthma and gave him a nebulizer. He had been in the middle of an extended asthma attack for 2+ weeks.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2013

Unfortunately, every single female employee in the office is two-faced. They smile in your face in order to get your money, then as soon as you walk out the door they're laughing and talking trash. Very unprofessional atmosphere. Dr. Amster is a decent doctor, but his staff needs to be thrown to the dogs, point blank.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2012

Great doctor! Very kind and willing to go the extra mile. The nurses and reception staff are on top of things and very helpful, too. Very informed on latest medical news.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2012

The staff at Warrenton Pediatrics is always helpful and comforting. The nurses are quick to return calls to the Nurses' help line (assuming they didn't answer in the first place, which they sometimes do). The doctors (Amster and Eisen) are extremely kind, knowledgeable and helpful. Calls to the after-hours number are answered by the doctor, not an answering service. The doctors are easy to talk to and both my children are at ease with both doctors in the practice. Billing is accurate and timely.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2011

Very easy to talk to, takes his time, great doctor. My 1 year ols loves him. He is very family oriented with many young children of his own.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2010

flag | Submitted August 14, 2009

Best pediatrician in the area in my opinion. Nice, clean office. Very friendly, patient, great with kids - always answers all my questions thoroughly. Always able to work in "sick" appointments in my experience and wait times are generally very acceptable.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2009

Dr. Michael S. Amster's Credentials

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1999)

Top Hospitals in Warrenton, VA