Ratings for Dr. Edward J. Madrid

Dr Madrid is a fantastic doctor! I have been taking my children to him since they were newborns. Staff is great, beautiful office and great care for my 4 kids with lots of complex conditions. We couldn't be happier!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

Dr. Madrid has been my children's pediatrician for seven years. We rarely saw him for the first five because everytime we went in, we were charged for a full visit, even though it clearly stated in our insurance that we should only have to pay a co pay. We were reimbursed once, only ri be told they would use our reimbursement towards that days visit! My oldest son has gone through epilepsy, asthma, and numerous ADHD consults with Madrid. His methods for diagnosis being that he punched the symptoms in to a search engine on his computer, then read us what it said, and his constant desire to use his prescription pad, finally had us seeking out a new doctor. When I met with our new doctor, I came to find out, that through all the years, and the multiple issues we had brought to him, he never took one note about our don's condition. Ever. I would caution anyone that doesn't want their children over medicated, to rethink using him as their doctor. Very infuriating.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2012

NOT FOR NEWBORNS! He never looked our baby over thoroughly, though baby was less than a week old! He seems to want to be able to 'diagnose'to the point of creating imaginary problems. Our baby was crying in the office, and based on that ALONE sent us home with 2 prescriptions for strong reflux medications. For a 4-day-old baby with no symptoms! Then he tested his stool for blood, and based on that put him on a very special formula and told me to eliminate dairy from my diet to continue to breastfeed. Again, child was not fussy before; eats dairy just fine now. The last straw was the 3rd visit; the office computer system was logged on in the exam room, which allowed us to see the name of each patient and reason for the visit...so much for confidentiality. He then TOLD us about several of his visits that day, including patients' names! At the end of this visit he asked the baby's gender, though his circumcision was a main concern at the 1st appt. A nice man, not a good newborn doc.

Submitted November 14, 2011

I have taken my threee kids to Dr Madrid since March 1998. I actually still send my 19 and 20 year old children to him. My baby is 13 now. Chandler Hospital ER misdiagnosed my older daughter and then I took her to Dr Madrid on Monday and he got the diagnose correct instantly. I highly recommend him and his staff.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2011

He has been with my son and I for 9 years. Dr.Madrid is i great help and has great knowledge.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

Very disappointed! Didn't feel that Dr. Madrid fully examined my newborn. Wait time was terrible. NEVER calls back after hours. UNACCEPTABLE!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2011

EL DOCTOR MADRID ES UN MAGNIFICO DOCTOR PEDIATRICO TIENE MUCHO CONOCIMIENTO DE LOS NINOS. Y CUANDO SE TRATA DE DIAGNOSTICAR SABE LO EXACTAMENTE DEBE DE RECETAR. HEMOS ESTADO CON EL DESDE QUE MIS HIJAS NACIERON HACE 12 AÑOS Y NOS SENTIMOS MUY SEGUROS DE SU PROFESIONALISMO. MUCHAS GRACIAS DOCTOR MADRID POR TODO SU SOPORTE. QUE DIO LO BENDIGA.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2010

This is the best doctor I have ever seen, for myself and my children. He spent extra time with us so that I knew what was going on and how to treat it and we were so comfotable. The care Dr. Madrid and his staff provides is second to none and I send all of my friends and family to him. We do not have insurance currently and his rates are far better than other doctors, very fair and wonderful service.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2010

We liked Dr. Madrid and Dr. Curvan, although Dr. Madrid couldn't keep a schedule to save his life! It's no fun waiting for 45 minutes to an hour with a toddler in a closed space! Then he brought on an intern that was a nervous schoolboy who did not know how to deal with kids. Maybe it was intern jitters, but when you are waiting 45 minutes and paying your hard earned money you hardly want to deal with a "doctor" who is shaking so badly inserting the ear probe that you think he may puncture your kids' ear drum! Seriously. So we left the practice. Too bad. Madrid is thorough and gives you more information than you know what to do with (kind of like this review).

flag | Submitted April 7, 2010