Ratings for Dr. STEPHEN R. Dernlan

Dr. Dernlan has a great sense of humor, which is wonderful, but he is also very helpful & shows concern.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

He basically said two words. He was on call and I had to call 3 times. Very rude and had no intentjon of helping me.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

seemed too complacent and bored, did not listen, asked no questions, did no exam, overall was not interested in why I came and made me feel like I was wasting his time, it was a waste of my time for sure. arrogant person, do not think this doctor likes his job or maybe needs to retire. left appt unhappy and down with no help at all.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2011

Dr. Dernlan immediately and correctly diagnosed an issue for me and got me to the right specialists. Similarly, for a physical, he politely and professionally asked relevant questions and accepted my answers. I am able to joke with him and appreciate his "bedside manner". I started seeing Dr. Dernlan in 08 and I don't know if there has been a change in staff but I really liked his nurse and the clinic staff in general. I have no idea why these comments are here.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2011

ver knowledgable and takes time to answer all your question, absolutely does not rush

flag | Submitted July 26, 2008

His head nurse was extraordinarily angry, insulting, and uncooperative when I called to ask a question concerning my medication. She literally shouted at me and was totally unresponsive to my question. I reported this to Dr. Dernlan by email, but he never responded. On one occasion when I asked Dr. Dernlan a question, he replied, "Why don't you take it to Mayo?' He never did answer the question.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2008

Somewhat satisfied. Very laid back approach

flag | Submitted April 3, 2008

Doctor did not treat existing problems nor did he answer any of my questions but instead kept saying in a sarcastic tone, what if it makes you worse. His nurse is also inconsiderate rolls her eyes and gives the impression you are wasting her time.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2007

Nurse is very rude,inconsiderate,and uncompassionate.Ask for and signed for release of records and wss told in the mail,but never received them as of today.Doctor refused to see me even though I ask repeatedly. Felt as if he was psssing the buck and I was ignored and not beleived,or cared for.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2007

Dr. STEPHEN R. Dernlan's Credentials

• University Of Wisconsin Medical School (Grad. 1986)