Ratings for Dr. John Skala

I visited this Dr because I had some health concerns. Upon entering Dr Skala's office I was confronted with litter all over the floor and desk. I mentioned my health concerns to which the Dr seemed disinterested and didn't ask for any further symptoms before ordering a generic urine test. Upon the follow up consultation I was told everything was all clear yet handed results for a test taken the year beforehand.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

Dr Jon Skala...is one of the Best Drs in Brisbane...I can say this as I have been seeing him since 2000...my boys for their Rugby Season injuries...overseas travel...through all kinds of Family Ailments....I find him very knowledgeable...no nonsense attitude...and a general kindness and understanding if life has become too difficult to navigate on your own...so helpful and understanding....I am currently spending a year in Melbourne and for first time have found a fabulous Dr...but on my return..I will be heading back to Dr Skala...In the Grenside family eyes he is the Best....We are all still Alive and Kicking!!!!!!..I could ring him now with a medical problem...he would know who I am and whats on my file....he wont dish out unnecessary sympathy or B.S......(doesnt mean he is a bad DR???????... go to a' trendo hipster' Dr for that..) Dr Skala doesnt negate complimentary treatment either...Dr Skala you are a great Dr and thankyou for keeping me alive to almost 61...and I am as fit as a 'Buck Rat"!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Appointment was late, there was an open swap test on the desk, talked to us for not even 10mins, had seen us three times already and couldn't remember past consultations. Doubled the dosage of medication for the third time when we said it wasn't working and this made my friend so drowsy she felt like she would pass out. Would not recommend seriously doubt this man has any qualifications at all.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

An hour late; floor of the consultation littered with rubbish as bin was overflowing; his appearance was dishevelled, his manner abrupt and he did not use an alcohol swap before giving me an injection. Never again.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

Great doctor and his clinic is open every day with many facilities on site.So you don't need to go elsewhere for pathology physiotherapy dietician.Also located right on the City Mall so easy to find

flag | Submitted December 24, 2016

Great doctor and team and the clinic is open every day

flag | Submitted December 24, 2016

Can't believe this doctor is rated so highly!!! Rushed appointment. Did not seem like he cared. More interested in getting me out the door.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2016

Do not recommend this doctor. Went in on a Saturday. made me discuss my higly private mental health issue with door open in nurses station with other patients listening in. Really!!! Avoid!!!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

I don't recommend seeing this doctor as I always wait more than half an hour even if I have an appointment. Moreover, he lacks knowledge in the issue I saw him for, and I asked for a referral to a specialist so they would know more and help, but refused and asked me to see him again after having some analysis done. I felt uncomfortable last times I went to see him as he started reading in a medical book to understand my issue!! Yeah this happened twice. I have decided not to see him again after being there five times.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

Not sure how this doctor has so many 5 stars, found this doctor so so so unhelpful. Only seemed interested in getting me out the door so that he could get his money. Might be good for travel vaccinations as he was quick, but definitely not for consultations. Considering reporting it - he did not help me whatsoever, yet still charged me $110 for 'after-hours' consultation.

Submitted June 9, 2015