Ratings for Dr. John Skala

Can't believe this doctor is rated so highly!!! Rushed appointment. Did not seem like he cared. More interested in getting me out the door.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2016

Do not recommend this doctor. Went in on a Saturday. made me discuss my higly private mental health issue with door open in nurses station with other patients listening in. Really!!! Avoid!!!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

I don't recommend seeing this doctor as I always wait more than half an hour even if I have an appointment. Moreover, he lacks knowledge in the issue I saw him for, and I asked for a referral to a specialist so they would know more and help, but refused and asked me to see him again after having some analysis done. I felt uncomfortable last times I went to see him as he started reading in a medical book to understand my issue!! Yeah this happened twice. I have decided not to see him again after being there five times.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

Not sure how this doctor has so many 5 stars, found this doctor so so so unhelpful. Only seemed interested in getting me out the door so that he could get his money. Might be good for travel vaccinations as he was quick, but definitely not for consultations. Considering reporting it - he did not help me whatsoever, yet still charged me $110 for 'after-hours' consultation.

Submitted June 9, 2015

I am very happy with the service I have from Dr. Skala and I recommend him to everyone I know. I have always felt comfortable to see him about all my health issues and he has always been thorough, helpful and informative in all my health matters.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

Well natured, well humoured DR who went out of his way to see me after hours and extended amazing kindness in his treatment. I will go back again. Thank you.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

It was an unfortunate fact that I was required to see this *doctor* as my usual GP had the day off. He is arrogant, and his lack of empathy and bedside manner is a discrase. I do not recommend anyone who reads this should see this unqualified, hideous man. He lacks the ability to

Submitted July 2, 2014

My first appointment with Dr Skala was for travel shots. I was initially impressed and decide I would use him as my GP. My second appointment was significantly less satisfactory! I waited an hour for my appointment, whilst he spent the time with 1 patient, most of the time not with the patient (dictating letters, in other rooms, etc). When I finally got my turn I was processed through like a chicken carcass in a factory. 3 minutes is all I got and basically he wasn't interested in hearing my problems. I was charged $80 for a "consultation" and wasn't even examined. In addition another $80 for malarial tablets. Basically it cost me $160 for 7 malaria tablets. Instead of examining he just wrote up expensive referrals. I will not be returning.

Submitted October 25, 2012

Dr Skala is exemplary. He fully possesses the essence of the AMA Code of Ethics in his attitude in the consultation of equals working together for the best possible outcome. As an academic who specialises in ethics, a Harvard fellow in the area, I see the effort he makes. I feel very lucky to have him as my GP and I wish others the same luck. Blessings Dr Lee Miena Skye

flag | Submitted October 16, 2012

Great doctor is a very knowledgeable and is difficult to get in to see. He has great diagnostic skills. I have been seeing him for 20 years and recommend the practice to all my friends. The other great thing is I can be seen same day by a doctor if I have an emergency. It's a good medical centre as they are one of the few medical centres open every day of the year.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2012