Ratings for Dr. John Skala

Would not return to Dr. Skala. Messy office and unhelpful doctor

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

Outstanding, highly knowledgeable and caring doctor. His medical clinic has all GP services available and is open 7 days. It should be understood that most doctors in very busy medical centres tend to run late, but the staff do advise patients of this where they can. This is especially the case as his practice caters for walk in sick patients and emergencies which are unpredictable and may take up clinic time unexpectedly. They are as flexible as possible with appointment times and all the patients I have observed when this happens are very happy to be accommodating (I've had this happen to me before).

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

Appointment was late over 40minutes. He ordered some tests and said medicare will cover them. Another appointment was again late over 40minutes. He appeared to not remember me at all and I had to remind him why I was there. I got a bill from the pathology lab for the tests he said was covered by medicare. Will not go again. What a joke.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

I visited this Dr because I had some health concerns. Upon entering Dr Skala's office I was confronted with litter all over the floor and desk. I mentioned my health concerns to which the Dr seemed disinterested and didn't ask for any further symptoms before ordering a generic urine test. Upon the follow up consultation I was told everything was all clear yet handed results for a test taken the year beforehand.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

Dr Jon Skala...is one of the Best Drs in Brisbane...I can say this as I have been seeing him since 2000...my boys for their Rugby Season injuries...overseas travel...through all kinds of Family Ailments....I find him very knowledgeable...no nonsense attitude...and a general kindness and understanding if life has become too difficult to navigate on your own...so helpful and understanding....I am currently spending a year in Melbourne and for first time have found a fabulous Dr...but on my return..I will be heading back to Dr Skala...In the Grenside family eyes he is the Best....We are all still Alive and Kicking!!!!!!..I could ring him now with a medical problem...he would know who I am and whats on my file....he wont dish out unnecessary sympathy or B.S......(doesnt mean he is a bad DR???????... go to a' trendo hipster' Dr for that..) Dr Skala doesnt negate complimentary treatment either...Dr Skala you are a great Dr and thankyou for keeping me alive to almost 61...and I am as fit as a 'Buck Rat"!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Appointment was late, there was an open swap test on the desk, talked to us for not even 10mins, had seen us three times already and couldn't remember past consultations. Doubled the dosage of medication for the third time when we said it wasn't working and this made my friend so drowsy she felt like she would pass out. Would not recommend seriously doubt this man has any qualifications at all.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

An hour late; floor of the consultation littered with rubbish as bin was overflowing; his appearance was dishevelled, his manner abrupt and he did not use an alcohol swap before giving me an injection. Never again.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

Great doctor and his clinic is open every day with many facilities on site.So you don't need to go elsewhere for pathology physiotherapy dietician.Also located right on the City Mall so easy to find

flag | Submitted December 24, 2016

Great doctor and team and the clinic is open every day

flag | Submitted December 24, 2016

Can't believe this doctor is rated so highly!!! Rushed appointment. Did not seem like he cared. More interested in getting me out the door.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2016