Ratings for Dr. Kenneth Petruk

this is a little late in coming but i wasn't aware of this site until now. I owe dr. petruk my life. had a brain hemmorage in 1990 and if it had been up to the doctors in fort mcmurray, i would be dead. dr. petruk did my sugery and gave me my life back. the man is a genius.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

Dr Petruk failed to test for spondylolisthesis before performing L4-5 disc decompression and laminectomy that has resulted in unanticipated and misaligned vertebral fusion. Following the surgery, Dr Petruk denied any pre-surgical diagnostic oversights and entered into my medical record false statements that prevented my obtaining a subsequent second opinion from Dr Ron Henderson or any other surgeon in Edmonton. Upon readmission to U of Alberta Hospital for post-surgical complications, Dr Petruk refused to see me. Furthermore, Dr Petruk has entered into my medical record false statements regarding post surgical events and has stated that I will never be readmitted to U of Alberta Hospital. These actions prompted my family physician, Dr Fraser Armstrong, to declare that "no one in this town will touch you".

flag | Submitted September 25, 2012

flag | Submitted February 29, 2012

**** was my experience. I have been in a wheelchair for nine years and 2 years in hospital. after he told me 3 day max. he never answered any questions from other dr's and has never given any answers to me.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2011

flag | Submitted November 1, 2009

Best brain guy in the business. Looks at the big picture & values quality of life!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2008

Cold blood to patients? We can see this is an obvious psycho. or someone who's terribly misunderstood. Dr. Petruk is one brilliant man. Wish I would have known this many years ago; I could have told him the memory is situated different places in the brain,know this personally. Very much miss this caring M.D. Brenda Tessier - 1978 patient.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2008

Dr. Petruk was very informative and I am indebted to his research and surgical skills and commitment to finding a cure.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2008