Ratings for Dr. Bipin R. Patel

Dr Patel may be a competent doctor, however I will never know. His staff was unprofessional and condescending when you inquire about paperwork, insurance information or status of your appointment. I arrived at 7:30 am as told when they called to make my appointment to fill out paperwork, I was told to sit down they would get to me. 45 minutes later they finally gave me paperwork to fill out. After the front desk finally figured out how to file my insurance, after yelling my name from her seat at the front desk asking questions and then telling me to sit down and wait more, stating she had never seen anything like it before, a form of tricare, military insurance, an hour later another nurse called my name. She never looked at me, said hello, just put the blood pressure cuff on after she weighed me and walked out of the room, only to return some time later. She asked a few questions and walked out. Dr Patel spent maybe 10 minutes with me and ordered an MRI and and EEG and sent me to the front desk to schedule these. They told me to sit down again. When I asked if there was a problem with checking out, maybe 15 minutes later, she told me it would take at least an hour to check out and I needed to go back and sit down and wait. I asked to speak to the office manager, Terri, and she was very condescending. Telling me it was a process. When I told her I've been seeing a neurologist since the age of 12 and it never took me an hour to check out at the end of an appointment she told me I could just leave and come back again in a very condescending tone, almost as if to mock me with every question I asked. As I walked out in tears, after the front desk lady shook her head at the office manager and said "Im just doin my job" and threw her papers down on the keyboard and slammed her cup around while rolling her eyes, I knew this was not going to work. When going to a doctor with a problem as serious as having seizures and migraines, brought on again from having sepsis and being in a coma, having an office that is stress free and friendly is key. Especially when Dr Patel had told me to avoid stress in my appointment due to the fact it attributes to my grand mal seizures. Do not go here. The staff is rude, condescending, and incompetent. Ive never experienced such unprofessional actions by a staff. I see many specialists on a regular basis as I have many serious health problems and have lived many places as I was a military wife. Their behavior uncalled for and unacceptable. And it cost dr Patel me as a patient.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

I was referred to him by my Family Dr for tremors. On the initial visit, he spent some 45 mins with me. He performed a number of movement tests. Then he spent most of the time explaining to me what the tremors were NOT & why before moving into what they were. I never had a dr spend that much time with me on any diagnosis. He turned me over to another dr in their practice who focuses on human movement. My tremors are being treated with medication & I rarely ever have any symptoms.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2011

am chronic pain patient. Had been seen by this doctor for several months. Used medication, TENS unit, physical therapy, etc to alleviate pain. Was receiving no significant relief. When I went to office this morning in pain that I could only walk bent over, was given a script for 30 and told to have my internist to refer me to a pain management dr. because I was taking too much medicine. So why did he not refer me?

flag | Submitted June 25, 2010

Dr. Patel did a nerve conduction test on me. He told me he found an injury that was no permanent during the test. When his report was sent to my referring doctor, the report showed no damage nor injuries found. When I tried to get him to correct it, his staff basically told me to shove it.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2009

Dr. Bipin R. Patel's Credentials

• Univ Of Manchester, Fac Of Med, Manchester (352-08 Prior 1/71) (Grad. 1980)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Valdosta, GA