Ratings for Dr. Michael Morhart

Seriously, I wish more then anything I had said no to surgery with him! First off, immediately after my surgery he gave me a pain medication with codeine in it. I literally had a band on my wrist saying that I was allergic to codeine. I was so sick for a week that I ended up in emerg after not being able to leave my couch. Within 5 hours of being off the the medication I was so much better. About 2 weeks later my hand was so swollen that my doctor sent me to emerge to have my cast cut off and a new one put on. The day after this happened, he cleared me to fly to Nova Scotia, which I now know should have never happened. I ended up swelling out of my cast 4 more times after my flight and having to see a specialist in Halifax who actually knew what he was doing. I was diagnosed with complex regional pain syndrome and was told I wasn't allowed to fly home until I could be out of a cast. 2 months later when I got home I was diagnosed by another doctor through WCB with the same thing. When I saw Dr. Morhart he told me there was nothing wrong with my wrist and they were wrong. Yes, 2 separate specialists in 2 different provinces are wrong, right. I'm now still dealing with issues from this surgery 4 years later. DO NOT SEE DR MORHART!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

He performed a breast reduction on me as I had been very self conscious and had poor self esteem. After all my healing, I went back to the office to discuss being quite obviously lopsided. Dr. Morhart was not available due to being on a hand sabbatical. Needless to say, I again had to go under the knife to have his botch fixed so I had equal breasts. Wouldn't recommend as his bedside manner is rude and his work was sub par. My incisions are very sloppy and they pucker in areas. I'm too nervous to have it corrected and am still self conscious about my breasts.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Dr. Morhart is very professional and knowledgable. He can be running behind at times but only because he is one of the best in Edmonton and so many people seek him out; well worth the wait. His experience and talent are unmatched. Definitely would recommend him to anyone with complex wrist problems.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

I would definitely recommend Dr. Morhart! I had started physiotherapy for my wrist pain, and the hand therapist suggested that I get a referral for a Plastic Surgeon (a Hand Specialist). I had asked her for her top recommendation - this was my right hand, and I needed to make sure that I saw the very best. She recommended Dr. Morhart. While there is a bit of a wait time, I think this is a reflection of how specialized and how few surgeons there are that can do what Dr. Morhart does. I was a little nervous that maybe because he did WCB that maybe he was another one of those WCB doctors...the kind that don't always seem to care about the patient first. After meeting Dr. Morhart all my anxiety was put to rest. I found out that he doesn't do WCB and wrist surgery because he has to, he does WCB and wrist surgery because this is truly what he LOVES to do. He's not just out to make a buck and enlarge women's breasts for a career. In his clinic there are residents, therapists and medical students that follow him around and ask questions - another good sign that Dr. Morhart is involved with the education of future surgeons. I ended up having a tear in one of my ligaments in my wrist and needed surgery to fix it. The surgery went very well and I had 4 followup visits with Dr. Morhart and each time he was always very careful regarding my work restrictions and didn't let WCB bully me into returning to modified duties that were not safe. I am very happy to say that I no longer have pain in my wrist, I am back at work doing all my regular duties, and I have been able to return to playing golf without any restrictions! If you are looking for the best hand and wrist surgeon with the most training and experience - then please make sure you see Dr. Morhart. I wouldn't trust my hands with anyone else.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

The best doctor I have ever seen, he is so nice and shows he cares about his patients. Before surgery he came to see me along with his residents which i really appreciated.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

I had a traumatic leg injury over 2.5 years ago. I have had nothing but pain and problems walking ever since. Wcb has referred me to several of their doctors that basically told me there is nothing wrong just give it another couple of months, another couple of months and so on excercise more ... Turns out two and a half years later I finally seen Dr Moorhart! I have an entrapped nerve with a neuroma. Booked me into ASAP surgery , at the Alex .i was in within two weeks. I cringed at being taken back to the Alex, as I had a very bad experience there when I had my ortho surgery ( tibial nail, ankle plate and overall 7 screws holding my leg together) I had no pain control from the beginning and was treated rudely hostile and like a price of garbage ( I am a RN) this was the first time. I had my surgery yesterday? I had no pain afterwards at all, was up and walking within an hour of being back on the unit. Even though I have a bit of swelling and a dressing with a tensor around my ankle, foot and lower leg. I have less pain a day after surgery then the 2 and a half years before surgery. Like a lot of people I thought I was being sent to yet another wcb doctor that would tell me it was all in my head. This guy is a gem!!! His staff have an excellent sense if humor as well as he does as well. I was put out in the OR listening to Areosmith rocking( by request)!! Would recommend him in a minute. I can't wait till the dressing comes off and incision is healed! Pain free after over 2 years of being told the pain is just basically my fault and to exercise it away!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Even though he was running behind, it was well worth the wait. He was personable, great bedside manner and knew what he was doing. I had CTS surgery and I have had no problems just great relief from the pain I have for YEAR'S, Thanks Dr. Mike

flag | Submitted March 4, 2015

The best hand surgeon in Edmonton! Great bed side manner,kind and extremely knowledgable. You can trust that if Dr. Morhart is your doctor, you'll be well taken care of.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2015

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

Dr. Morhart was behind schedule. Had to wait 2 hours. When I saw him he was very anxious to finish as fast as he could. He was very sarcastic and told me that he almost felt like not treating me anymore because what ever he has done has not helped. I am seeing him again so I hope he acts more professionally because I am not going to take his bullying.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Dr. Michael Morhart's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Seriously, I wish more then anything I had said no to surgery with him! First off, immediately after my surgery he gave me a pain medication with codeine in it...."

February 8, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "He performed a breast reduction on me as I had been very self conscious and had poor self esteem. After all my healing, I went back to the office to discuss bei..."

January 27, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Morhart is very professional and knowledgable. He can be running behind at times but only because he is one of the best in Edmonton and so many people seek ..."

November 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I would definitely recommend Dr. Morhart! I had started physiotherapy for my wrist pain, and the hand therapist suggested that I get a referral for a Plastic Su..."

November 7, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This Dr is a piece of human filth. He's the definition of egomaniac and tries to sleep with every med student/ resident he can even though he's married with ki..."

October 16, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "The best doctor I have ever seen, he is so nice and shows he cares about his patients. Before surgery he came to see me along with his residents which i really ..."

October 5, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I had a traumatic leg injury over 2.5 years ago. I have had nothing but pain and problems walking ever since. Wcb has referred me to several of their doctors th..."

June 24, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Even though he was running behind, it was well worth the wait. He was personable, great bedside manner and knew what he was doing. I had CTS surgery and I hav..."

March 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The best hand surgeon in Edmonton! Great bed side manner,kind and extremely knowledgable. You can trust that if Dr. Morhart is your doctor, you'll be well taken..."

March 4, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "After three previous attempts by another surgeon he accepted me as a paitent and my wrist was fixed. Very direct and knowledgable."

January 20, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Morhart was behind schedule. Had to wait 2 hours. When I saw him he was very anxious to finish as fast as he could. He was very sarcastic and told me tha..."

October 23, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Not sure what to rate for helpfulness or knowledge as I was not sitting in the waiting room for myself but rather waiting quietly for somebody. So quietly that ..."

September 10, 2014