Ratings for Dr. I.G. Fantus

This Dr saved my husbands life and I will drive 4 hours to see him!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Dr. Fantus saved my life with his diagnosis of my condition in 2004 and I've been seeing him regularly ever since. Very knowledgeable and helpful, I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a good endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr Fantus since 2005. I am a diabetic,type 2,on Insulin. Take Lantus and Humalog. I see Dr Fantus twice a year. He is an expert,very fine Endocrinologist. His knowledge,experience,understanding,empathy and great medical skill are truly special. It is an asset that Toronto has such a brilliant Endocrinologist. Karen Gorecki,the Diabetic Educator,is also expert,open minded,very experienced and a great asset to Mount Sinai Hospital's Diabetes Section.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

Excellent doctor. My Mom had a thyroid problem and was his patient for about 5 years. She is very grateful and lucky to have been treated by Dr. Fantus. He carefully examined her conditions and always recommended the right treatment. Very intelligent and knowledgable. Dr. Fantus is a great professional in his field. His staff are also the best.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2011

Dr. Fantus is a very knowledgeable man in his field. During our initial interactions he was kind, attentive and supportive. However, after several appointments when I expressed my discomfort with a procedure and raised concerns, he immediately became rude, snide and condescending, stating that I must have something wrong with my head and that I have wasted his time and resources. The nurse that had constantly been in the room with me at all visits suddenly left, never to return to the room and avoided eye contact with me from then on. I also work in the healthcare industry and this raised some serious red flags as I am fully aware what the ethical rights are of patients. No doubt that he's a great diagnostician, but he is NOT a great person and should not be in healthcare.

Submitted March 8, 2011

Went to several endocrinologists before finding this wonderful specialist. Dr. Fantus is the only doctor who truly understands and listens to what I tell him about my case of type 1 . Although we usually have a long wait , once he walks into the room for my appt. he gives us as much time as we need.He takes a genuine interest and I have 100% trust in his medical opinions. He does a lot of research and teaching as well. Finally, a doctor who is worth travelling and waiting for! He is thee best! I wish him well!

flag | Submitted December 19, 2010

As a diabetic (type 2 on insulin+NPH) I have been seeing Dr.Fantus since 2005. He is an amazing,brilliant,extremely supportive,compassionate and first rate endocrinologist. He+his staff are superb. There is no finer specialist in diabetes anywhere,Canada or USA.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2010

Dr Fantus has been treating me for my thyroid and diabetes. He is a very kind doctor, takes his time with me when I visit with him and answers all my questions.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2009

Dr. Fantus is very caring,knowledgeable,helpfull and concerned about his patients. He is always making sure his patients are doing what he tells them so they will not have further complications with there Diabetis.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2007