Ratings for Dr. Shawn D. Blick

I only had one appointment with Dr. Blick. He is very impressionable and gave me a sense of confidence as related to his knowledge, skills abilities. That is probably the only good I have to say about my experience with his office. His staff on the other had is a nightmare. Beginning with the fact that it take approximately 4 to 8 minutes for someone to answer your phone call. After your first appointment, all calls are routed to his Medical Assistant. She is never available. Never! She will no return your calls. It has been three weeks since my first and only visit. I have left numerous messages and I have never heard a word from his staff. Run and don's stop. Look for another qualified Urologist because Dr. Blick's staff should be replace.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

Went to office thinking I had prolapse bladder. After many tests I was referred to Dr. Blick who proceeded to tell me he would do a bladder sling and surgery would take 30 to 60 minutes. He is very arrogant and dismissed my questions with the statement that he had small hands (still not sure of the purpose of statement) and he was the best. I left office and sought second opinion. I ended up with a Urogynecologist who did a complete Female "vault " repair. The procedure took a little longer than an hour--it took 2 1/2 hours and 2 days in hospital. I am very happy that I did not let Dr. Blick do his procedure. My suggestion to anyone considering Dr. Blick is GET A SECOND OPINION.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

Excellent Doctor. Explained everything. Great staff. Six months later and everything is working just like he said.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Very good doctor and I think he is going to save my life and that all the counts.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2012

I had a basic monarch sling/cystocele repair for incontinence in May '09. While the repair solved the incontinence problem, I now suffer ( and I mean suffer) from chronic UTI's. He claims to find nothing wrong and it most certainly wasn't his surgery that has caused the problem. I really don't know where to go from here and have been on antibiotics on a constant basis since this surgery. All I can say is I didn't have this problem before the surgery and these infections are debilitating and have caused my quality of life to plummet. Proceed with caution if you go to Dr. Blick.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2011

He does not see his patients. They are seen instead by the PA(even if he is standing there he does not even acknowledge the patient)hides his head in his paperwork. You hear from the PA what the doctor said. He does not tell you the truth and uses his PA to lie for him.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2010

Performed a new procedure (Robotic Assisted LAP Prostatectomy)in our telephonic conversation, he stated that I would be the 4th, I later found out I was his first human. The previous 3 were done on laboratory animals. On the surgical report, he is listed as ASSISTANT/SUPERVISING SURGEON AND HIS PARTNER IS LIST AS SURGEON OF RECORD. Neither doctor had ever performed the ROBOTIC ASSISTED ON A HUMAN. THE HOSPITAL RISK MANAGER TOLD ME THAT DR. BLICK ALLOWED HIS PARTNER TO DO THE SURGERY FOR CREDIT FOR CERTICATE FOR THE ROBOTIC TRAINING AND BILLING PURPOSE. USING ME AS A EXPERIMENTAL SURGICAL SUBJECT, THEY BOTH RECEIVED CREDIT FOR THE ROBOTIC ASSISTED TRAINING, BUT NEVER TOLD ME, THAT I WOULD BE THE FIRST. ARIZONA MEDICAL BOARD WEBSITE, MINUTES, OCTOBER 8 & 9, 2008 MINUTES, PAGES 19 & 20.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2009

Dr Blick is a caring doctor. After surgery, he called me at home to see how I was doing. He even gave me his personal cell number if there was a problem.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2008

More interested in the money than the patient

flag | Submitted May 9, 2008

I saw him in the Paridaise Valley Office. He seem veru nice and concerned about you. Office staff was very late coming back from lunch. I had a 1 oclock appt and they showed up at 1.30 pm. I really did not care for that. I don;t think will be back to him with a bad office staff that argues with you.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2008

Dr. Shawn D. Blick's Credentials

• Spanish

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1994)

Top Hospitals in Goodyear, AZ