Ratings for Dr. Mehboob Ahmed

Dr. Mehboob Ahmed was reported to the Virginia Department of Health in 2005. I was one of many that reported him. Last I heard they were tryting to schedule a court date for his review. I would by no means visit this Dr.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2010

This guy is SCARY! I have filed numberous complaints as well as many other people. I went to him out of desperation. His "office" was filthy. He supposedly is out of practice now, so don't go if you do get him on the phone.He billed my for procedures that he didn't provide. STAY AWAY!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2009

This was the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor. The office was disgusting and I should have walked out as soon as Dr. Ahmed started talking to me, but I was desperate because my eyes hurt so much. He wandered around the hallway and office looking for a thermometer and blood pressure equipment that he had misplaced. He took a sample then wrote several prescriptions, none of which I could fill because the pharmacists said they were all wrong (wrong dosage, nonexistent medicine, et). He then charged my insurance company $800--which they denied-- I never got a copy of the results of the sample he took. He does not appear to be associated with the clinic where his office is, maybe he just rents a space from them, but they were not helpful.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2008

This is the worst Doctor (is he even licensed?) I went to see Dr Ahmed in January 2007 for poison ivy on both elbows. While there there were stacks of paperwork more than a foot high in the office section. The copier was covered in old records. He was the only employee and the office was a terrible mess. While he examined me, the containers for used needles were overflowing. Needles were protruding from the top of the medical waste bin. Supplies were disorderly throughout the exam room. The waiting room furniture was old and paperwork was spread all over the waiting area as well as the office. Worst of all, Dr. Ahmed charged me more than $1600.00 for an emergency visit and blood tests. His bill cam in May 2008 after a Jan 2007 visit. My insurance paid $688 in May 2008, and the first bill I recieved was marked 90 days passed due. I'm calling my insurance to protest the charges - I was only told there would be one test, not FIVE tests. One test was $450.00. Overall, he claims I owe over $900.00.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2008

This doctor lied to me about his participation in my health plan. He sent me a bill that my insurance company and my primary care Dr. says is fraudulent. He is currently under investigation by the Virginia Board of Medicine (www.dhp.virginia.gov). Currently he has 16 cases with former patients pending in Fairfax Co. Court.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2008

Dr. Ahmed keeps billing us for a visit, which occured over three years ago and all payments were paid. He never mentioned that my insurance was not accepted. The recent bill was apparently for returning his phone call. As others mentioned his office was cluttered and not well cleaned. His bed side manner was quite disturbing. For the ealier poster, if you do see this, please send me an email to genericemailforcontact at the gmail variety. Thank you. Please, I can not stress enough how extremely poor the entire visit and follow on communication has been. To further research Dr. Ahmed his license number is 0101033871, which can be researched at the Virginia Department of Health Professions.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2008

Do not go to this doctor, if it is serious go to an emergency room. It will not save you money to go here even though it is listed an an urgent care he will bill you more than an ER visit. He is unprofessional, his office is filthy, his instruments are heaped in a pile and appear to be soiled. We have filed a complaint with the VA board of health. His medical license needs to be reconsidered.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2007

I too was desparate when I went in. Unknowing, I made an appt. for Nasonex. He took me into a room that was a broom closet, full of debre. Very dirty. I ask if his instraments were clean he said "this visit is over", "get out"! I said you're kidding. He started screaming that he never put his hand into anyones vagina and then into their mouth! I'm not kidding either. He was a nut! There are many claims against him too. STAY AWAY! Then he tried to get money from my insurance company too!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2007

Without question the absolute worst doctor in every way that I have ever visited. The office is filthy, he doesn't wear gloves, doesn't wash his hands, and actually coughed on me. There are dead bugs in the corners. I'm not kidding. Avoid this place at all costs.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2007

Dr. Mehboob Ahmed's Credentials

• Maulana Azad Med Coll, Univ Of Delhi, New Delhi, Delhi, India (Grad. 1966)

AHC