Ratings for Dr. Charles Yu

I had gum surgery and Dr Yu did an excellent job on my gums!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

Unethical Practitioner. Dont know how to communicate

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

Very Greedy Doctor... Instead of calling explaining for Coverage issue if there is any from my insurance he keeps sending me a bill of $185 plus late fees, now threatening me for sending to Collection.. I curse this Butcher...

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

criminal money hungry , CRIMINALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

Horrible....Money grabber just like his brothers. Shady business practices. I will never trust him or any of the Yu brothers.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

This doctor is a cash cow thats all he's good for. I went to him with a problem with one tooth. He didn't remove his mask to talk to me and He never looked into my mouth., So for 185.00 I feel I was robbed and then I can't go see someone else because I am not covered for another visit. He wanted to do a deep cleaning every 3 months for the rest of my life does he think I'm an idiot. when I got home I looked that up to see what its all about. I'm a smoker and not once did he tell me that i would have to quit smoking to go through this procedure. I also didn't go there for this procedure. if he would have done a proper examintion he would have known that I was there for something completely different. I will never go back to this doctor, I suggest no one goes to this dentist I wouldn't even call him a doctor. I would call him a banker.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

I have been with this dental practice for a few years and have remained with them despite moving to another part of the city because I am very happy with the service. The reception staff are efficient and helpful except for this short blonde lady talking too much about her house that wouldn't stop bragging about it being renovated or what not. All the clinical staff I have encountered have been very professional, thorough and competent as well as pleasant. I have to mention as well that everytime I see Dr. Yu, I don't have pay anything. I guess I have a good insurance unlike other people complaining too much about their coverage being too crappy.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

I highly recommend Dr. Yu. If he is more expensive I'd have to say consider what you're paying for. Dr. Yu is incredible at what he does. I've seen him for 2 gum grafts and he performs this horrible procedure in less than half the time it takes others. I just had a cleaning and check up and was so impressed. They clean your teeth expertly and educate you with kindness and courtesy. I've seen him a bit grumpy with one staff 3 years ago but every other time he has been so friendly and personable. I would recommend Dr. Yu to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

Tank God for the internet and the ratings that people write, I value public opinion much more than other dentists specially the ones that refer you to specialists. Funny but in rating dentists does not have the a window for fees how fair are their fees. I was referred to dr. YU and when I ask about the first consultation fee I was told $185.00 but I had talked to my insurance and ask them about coverage codes, dentists do not write to insurance companies what they do they write a code # the receptionist gave me a number that it does not exists in the insurance charter but I always look for public opinions to be totally informed before I put my health and my money in somebody's hand after I looked-up the ratings and found a big number of terrible reviews about the fees, lies, misleading the head aches this dr. puts people through I called to cancel my appointment and I found another specialist right away. I thank you ALL of you people who take the time to give your valuable opinion which helps and prevents many bitter experiences. Thank you and the internet what a blessing.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

Wow, I am surprised to see these negative reviews. I guess it only makes sense that it's usually the unhappy people who actually make the effort to write a review eh? I bet that for every unhappy patient, Dr. Charlie has 100's of patients who love him!! I know because I have been going to Dr. Charlie for years, 3-4 times per year for my cleanings, and they are the best ever!! Every other patient that i see there seems to be super-happy and thankful of the service as well. I started off going about once a week, but after about the 3rd or 4th time, he told me that i should only need to come every 3 months, and that as long as i keep regular, i shouldn't need to come more than that or even go through surgery to keep my gums healthy. I have been to many dentists and hygienists over the years, and Dr. Charlie is the most skilled and gentle; yes, Dr. Charlie does the cleanings himself!! I always knew there was something wrong with my gums, but it wasn't until i asked my family dentist about my concerns, that i was referred to the specialist. Dr Charlie helped me to understand what my problem was, and help me make a plan to treat that problem and prevent that problem from coming back. I will admit that Dr. Charlie is expensive, but you pay for what you get. I am smart enough to pay for quality rather than waste my money and pay for cheaper but lower-quality care; the health of my teeth and gums are important to me!!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

• Humana - Choice Care Ppo
  • Humana Medicare
Mail Handlers
  • Medicare (General)
  • Medicare Replacement (Humana Replacement)
Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
Umr