Ratings for Dr. Arthur P. Signorella

Best EVER!! I have been seeing him since I delivered my daughter 9 years ago and I will not go anywhere else! Very caring!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

I had a very difficult pregnancy as well as surgery for fibroids. He was the best! He dies truly care about his patients.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Doctor Signorella has been my obgyn for 9 years. He has delivered 2 of my 3 children. He is smart and will spend as much time with you as you need. You are not a number in his office. He is not warm and fuzzy and his bed side manner isn't the best, but I really like the guy and I think he really cares about his patients. I had another popular doc in the south hills and while he was so "nice" and always joking around, it always felt like he couldn't wait to get on to his next patient. If you want a compitent doctor and a friendly staff, then choose Dr. Signorella. If you want someone to treat you like a number, go to one of those big practices.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2013

I love Dr. Signorella. He is not the warm fuzzy type but, I don't need that from my doctor as long as the nurses staff are, which in this case they are (they're pretty awesome). He was great with my two pregnancies and tubeligation and as we got to know each other a little better he did open up and I saw a very caring and wonderful man and doctor. He does do alot of training so be ready for someone else in the room but they need to learn some how and it's fine with me. Wait time can be long due to the fact he is not in a shared practice (which I like), and if an emergency happens especially which pregnancies so I understand if he gets pulled away. In the end I recommend him as long as you want a knowledgeable and to the point kind of doctor.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2012

I would not recommend him, very unfriendly guy you would be lucky if ou even got a hi from this guy.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2012

I completely trust Dr. Signorella. He is not only an MD but also a PHD and works with medical students in the field. He is VERY knowledgeable and if there is a question he could not answer, he was quick to reference and find an answer. He is soft spoken and quiet like the others say, but he is also very kind and he does CARE about his patients. He knows what he is doing and I will continue see him. I like that I am not a number and his office staff especially Crystal are AWESOME!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2012

Dr Signorella was appointed to me via the ER. I needed emergency removal of my tube and ovary. He diagnosed my problem quickly, got me in the OR quickly. I recovered nicely. He saved my life. His knowledge is great. His communication skills are okay. He definitely answers questions, explains things thoroughly. But is a get down to business kind of guy. Nothing extra. But he is not my best friend, he's my doctor. I expect him to do his job and more. My follow up visit too a long time to get in. But what appt is ever on time in the medical field?? He again was straight to the point, get it done, invited me to his office for questions. I will keep doctor S for my future ob gyn needs.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2012

Very helpful and soft-spoken. Very kind. Very knowledgeable, too. I would and have recommended Dr. S. to all of my friends.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2011

THis doctor delivered my baby as my normal practice Greater Pittsburgh OBGYN was undergoing a transition of doctors in 2008. Dr. Signorella is not part of my regular practice. I delivered at UPMC Mercy and not St. Clair where Dr. Signorella practices. I found Dr. Signorella to be soft-spoken, not good at communicating and generally had no bed-side manner whatsoever. Dr. S generally left me alone (good thing) but when he did come into my room I did not appreciate his bringing medical students without asking permission or introducing them while I was in labor-unprofessional. Afterwards I told the nurse and she must have said something as there were no more students but an apology would have been appropriate or some other acknowledgement of his error. I ended up with a c-section, not performed by him and unbeknownst to me by a medical student which I found out after the procedure was done-no one asked. I am fine but do not recommend Dr. S and I question Mercy Hospital going forward.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2009

Other than the long wait for my scheduled appointment, my visit was okay. Not overly helpful, just okay. The doctor did take time after my exam to talk to me in his office regarding any questions I had. Doctor very soft-spoken and friendly. Not sure if I would go to him if I were planning on having more children for obstetrical care. But, okay for routine gynecological visits.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2008

Dr. Arthur P. Signorella's Credentials

• Univ Of Pittsburgh Sch Of Med, Pittsburgh Pa 15261 (Grad. 1991)