Ratings for Dr. Gary S. Donovitz

The name Gary Donovitz is contracted with providers as Aetna for gynecological visits only. CAUTION: FOR HORMONE REPLACEMENT CARE, INSURANCE WILL NOT COVER. HIS TAX ID BECOMES DIFFERENT UNDER A NAME "INSTITUTION FOR HORMONE REPLACEMENT" AND IS NOT COVERED WITH ANY INSURANCE COMPANY. HIS OFFICE DOES NOT ASSIST WITH YOU A 'MAKE SENSE' CODE FOR COVERAGE EITHER. BE SURE YOU KNOW UP FRONT YOU WILL BE OUT THE $300 TO $400 HORMONE REPLACEMENT WILL COST YOU. THEY DON'T TELL YOU IN THE UPFRONT.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2012

I had pellet implantation, looking for hormonal help. I did get a little more energy but bad anxiety. I called to see if I could have them removed, they refuse to call back. Stay away from this doctor. He even admits he will not care for you after implantation or any other area of care, he does not even call to see how you are doing. My sister had this done by another doctor and they called her regularly with follow up, they worked great for her. I will go back to the creams after my gyno gets all my blood test back and he gets over the shock. Stay away they could careless about you!

flag | Submitted December 26, 2011

I went to him for the harmone pellet. I told his staff that they were above average in organization and helpfulness. I was informed of the most common side effects, in writing and orally by the doctor, at the time of insertion. Those side effects did develop, but were expected and tolerable. I am also reaping the benefits which were also explained in writing and orally by the doctor. I wish I had found this doctor earlier in my life!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2011

It was a great experience for me and I liked Dr. Donovitz very much. He spent plenty of time with me and took time for me to ask questions. I received the hormone pellets after our discussion, and left with plenty of information on what I need to do in the next few weeks.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

this place absurd, i paid 725.00 cash out of my own pocket and that doesnt include the addtional charges racked up to my insurance. Staff is clueless and rude, how dare i ask questions. Oh and the nurse knows it all but still cant give a direct answer! WILL NEVER RETURN THATS FOR SURE, the dr himself only sees the patient as a dollar sign. Its drs like him why our insurances never pay

flag | Submitted May 16, 2011

Everything you don't want in a doctor: rude, careless, poor bedside manner, no genuine concern about patients.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2010

Said Little and hurried thru the procedure. Did not show concern and I left with the feeling of being pushed through as unimportant to him.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2010

He is the best Doctor I have ever seen... I have been going to him for atleast 15 years and will not go to any other Doctor..He is a Genius..I don't have insurance and he has always worked with me ,so I am not paying an arm and a leg...I think he is great.... He has a great bed side manner and he loves to joke around..I would recommend him to any body who wants a Doctor who knows what he is doing...I have tried other Doctors in the past and they just don't measure up to him..

flag | Submitted March 19, 2010

Went in for Hormone pellets. He said they should get my energy and libido back and they last 4 - 5 months. A month later no change they told me to come in for a booster. No change after 2 weeks, the nurse came up with all kinds of excuses and was trying to tell me I'm due for another Pellet insert which was BS since it hasn't been 3 months. They rip you and the insurance co. off. When I had my booster they said it's free of charge but turned around and charged my insurance $275 and when I questioned y it was so high the answer was because they never pay that amount so we make it high to get the amount we want. The whole procedure didn't take 10 mins but they argued that it was 20 mins and that's why they charged. They make no sense what so ever. The Pellets I took for testestorone did not work. I bet some of the people that rated him as good on here are people that work for him and act like they are patients. Disgusting how he can get away with crap like this. Horrible experience.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2009

He let me labor for 35 hrs. His bedside manner is horrible. I had 4 ultra sounds and lasted less then 10 minutes. He never found hidden twin. He left me when I was about to give birth saying he was too tired. I am tramatized by the experience and it has been 4 years. He was rude, sarcastic and didn't take anything I said seriously. If it wasn't my first pregnancy I would have known better but I thought this was normal. After having twins he came to room to congratulate me but he never offered an apology with the way he acted and treated me. He was more concerned on how his shoes looked. The doctor who delivered my twins Dr. Peppler, said there is no reason he should have missed a five pound baby. He was careless and reckless with human life. Please do not go to him. You will end up losing your life or your unborn baby's. Take caution. You have been Warned!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2009

Dr. Gary S. Donovitz's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Med Sch At San Antonio, San Antonio Tx 78284 (Grad. 1980)