Ratings for Dr. Hema A. Sundaram

I have been a patient for years and am extremely pleased with the results - both cosmetic and dermatology. Dr. Sundaram is very professional and friendly, and while she is direct in recommending procedures she is also aware of budget constraints. She will make the most of a vial of filler to get the best possible results while respecting the need to keep cost within my budget. I do often have to wait, but I find the results well worth it. I highly recommend her for her amazing skill and knowledge in the cosmetic procedures.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

Every visit I was there 2-3 hours before Dr. Sundram even saw me. The office stalls patients by sending the medical assistant first to ask a slew of questions, then a physician assistant to repeat the same questions as if they don't communicate, the after hours of wait the doctor/ Sales person came in to ask the same questions. It has been a terrible waste of time EVERY SINGLE TIME. The staff seems incompetent, and the doctor full of herself!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

I briefly worked in a practice where Dr Sundarum was a Cosmetic Dermatologist about 15 years ago. She was very up to date on all of the new cosmetic procedures at the time and most likely still is. However, I witnessed her sell cosmetic procedures to people who came in for simple dermatology issues. I watched her crush the self esteem of women as she told them that they had too many wrinkles and required an expensive injection or procedure to correct fine lines. Dr. Sundarum was a very attractive woman with an strong authoritative British accent and many of these women just followed the doctors orders after she told them how old they looked. Dr. Sundaram's cosmetic dermatology sales were so high the first month that she joined that practice that her procedures in her first month at that established practice paid all of the expences for 3 offices. It's was all about the money back then.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

I have great results with my acne scars seeing Dr. Sundaram but the time wasted waiting in the room was the only problem. I still see her and her PA since I am satisfied with the results. By the way, I have seen two other dermatologists and the results are not the same. I was willing to pay a bit more on products she dispensed in the practice if it worked, and it truly is worth the money.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2015

After two years my face is still very damaged by fat loss and excessive scarring.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2015

Dr. Sundaram is a poor injector who is driven by money rather than a satisfying aesthetic outcome. She is full of herself and cares more about herself than her patients. She has no empathy and does not listen. She thinks she knows it all.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

I was very annoyed after I got out of my appointment. The staff was very nice, and the nurse/assistant who took my medical history was nice as well. After I saw her however, I waited about 40 minutes to be seen by the PA. The PA then completely disregarded my reasons for being referred to this dermatologist and kept talking about my acne, even though I expressed that I was here for acne scarring- bear in mind I have a very mild acne breakout from stress. The PA continued to hyperfocus on my acne. I assumed that I'd just keep bringing up my scarring issue with the dermatologist. Although, when I finally did see Dr. Sundaram, she didn't even look at my skin. Just glanced at it. She asked me to lay on the table, while she looked at notes, and then re-iterated what the PA said about what they prescribed for me and walked out. No bedside manner whatsoever. I got the medication and cleansing system they prescribed anyway. When I looked at the ingredients I realized that salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide are both used in this system. I made both the PA and the Dr aware that regularly use Retin-A to combat small break outs and that my skin is naturally dry. So why would they give me more drying and photosensitive products? Overall, I felt ignored and that I completely wasted my time. I do not recommend this dermatologist in the slightest. They completely ignored my reason for being there, instead focusing on what they wanted to focus on- Dr. Sundaram did not even ask me why I was there.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Very disappointing experience she is more like a sales person than a doctor , her staff were just like her bushing toward a treatment that can get them more money .i wait more than an hour and seen by three of her help with the same question it seems like they want to kill time till she come to see me when she come it fills like she wants to hide hi then went to my back no eye contact start ordering what to sale me when I question she come to the front look my face she did not touch my skin or examine she went straight selling her product I wonder if she is a real doctor? She literally refuse to prescribe a medicine from the pharmacy that I have or must buy from her clinic. I did not have a complicated problem what I have is dark pigment on my face I am sure there I a lot of medication out there

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

I went for the first time to this practice for a dermatological concern a couple of weeks ago. I was greeted nicely by the front staff and taken in by a nice medical assistant. I was first seen by the the doctors's assistant literally minutes later but had to wait almost an hour to be seen by the doctor herself, she came in looked at me quickly and then rushed out. I prefer seeing her assistant who spent more time asking me and examining me. The medication works but the time was long since I had to get back to work.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

I went to Hema Sundaram's office this past spring. I almost walked out because she was over an hour late. Red flag. I wish I had. She spent 5 minutes of her time with me. She said I took very good care of my face. She recommended a laser which I thought she was going to perform. Her aesthetician ended up doing it which I thought only medical doctors were suppose to do. It seemed like she didn't know what she was doing and the aftercare seemed a bit poor. The next day I was so upset with my skin and called to leave a message. No one called me back. I made several trips to this office and no real help. This aesthetician left circle and square marks, lines and redness all over my face. I have aged 15 years from this incompetence. The doctor refuses to see the damage. The office manager is no better. If I could take one thing in my life back it would be walking into this office.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2014