Ratings for Dr. Nicole V. Lang

Never on time. Never answer the phones. If its an emergency, forget about it! Our son had an issue when he was 3 weeks old, and it happened to be on a Wednesday morning. Oh, wait, Wednesday? Yea, there are NO DOCTORS available on Wednesdays! If you leave a message, they never return the call. If you call off hours, they have an answering service thats terrible. They're extremely understaffed and if you want your child's medical records, be ready to pay up! Dr. Lang is nice, but you'll never see her. Your kid will only ever be seen by a nurse, never a pediatrician. Oh, yea, and theres a $100 first time visit fee... its a scam

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

I have two children and have been going to Dr. Lang since their births (first was in 2004) so I consider our family to be long time patients. Dr. Lang herself is very nice, but after nearly 10 years of being patients at Washington Pediatrics and Associates, it is time to move on. The wait times are completely unreasonable -- 1.5 hours or more. Getting into the exam room we've waited another hour on top of that. Her front office is rude -- and I have a high threshold for rudeness! Simple things such as getting medical forms for school or camp are a major undertaking. Don't bother leaving a phone message regarding making an appointment -- they are never returned. I don't remember the last time we've seen Dr. Lang herself. We've had nurse practitioners and the last visit was a medical student! It is time to for us to move on. beware!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

After a year of care, I am switching practices. So disgusted by the care and level of service.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2010

I have had similar negative experiences with WPA and Dr. Lang. Each time we have an appt we have to wait at least 45 minutes and we normally see a different person (usually NP). When I have called with concerns about my son, if she is the person to call me back, Dr. Lang clearly doesn't know his med history nor have it in front of her, though I've spoken with her many times and she has been his doctor since he was born. She doesn't seem to listen to my concerns or want much detailed information on my son's symptoms. When I've called, she's NEVER offered to see him and normally tells us to just "take him to the ER." Not only does this seem excessive and knee-jerk, it is a really traumatizing thing for a toddler to endure unless it's really necessary. I've never heard an ounce of understanding from her about this and in fact she seems annoyed that we don't just follow her orders. It has saddened and angered me not to feel like I have someone I can count on as my son's doctor.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2009

I am using this provider for 15 months, when we began visiting the office they were 3 Pediatricians, Dr Lang , Dr Bradley and Dr Sage. Dr Sage works only on fridays and Dr Bradley left the praxis. This means only Dr Lang and a Nurse Practitioner are working with all the patients from Mo to Th. I don't like that whenever I get an appointment I see the NP, which is competent but I go there because I want the opinion of a MD. The front desk staff is very rude, I brought my child with 103 Fever and diarrhea and they wanted me to wait for more than an hour, after complaining they let me talk to the manager and she organized a consultation with the NP. I will change the provider because I prefer to go to place where more pediatricians are available.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2009

I have been using this Dr for over two years and consistently the wait is at least 45 minutes (+) and I have only seen Dr. Lang twice. The front desk employees are very surly and not very helpful. The majority of the time, the physician assistants have been competent--however, I had a horrible expereince with PA "Hunter". Children's hospital scheduled a follow-on visit for my child (following a Er visit and stay). The purpose of the visit (stated specifically in the report I provided the PA) was to get blood drawn and from then determine if an antibiotic was needed. The visit was scheduled for 3:15. When I arrived, I asked if the blood work could be completed first to ensure it got completed. THe woman at the front desk told me that she did not provide the Dr. with the paperwork and I'd have to wait to see the DR. By the time I saw the PA, the lab was closed . I complained and was told by the PA to go to the ER to get blood drawn--she said this was direction from Dr. Lang.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2009

Dr Lang takes a lot of time with her patients. We love her caring, calm approach and accessibility. She saw us right away when we had a scare and was able to reassure us that we had nothing to worry about.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2007

they have an answering service and call you back in emergencies. They are an all female practice--very caring, very organized, very into early childhood literacy

flag | Submitted June 26, 2006

Dr. Nicole V. Lang's Credentials

• George Washington Univ Sch Of Med & Hlth Sci, Washington Dc 20037 (Grad. 1994)

Connection Dental Network