Ratings for Dr. E.J. Adamiak

I was referred here from my family doctor to help find a diagnosis for my fatigue. I immediately felt uneasy about Dr. Adamiak as soon as I sat down across from him. He was condescending in the way he spoke to me, and at one point tried to guilt me about the fact that I had looked up my symptoms and thought I had sleep apnea. He did a physical exam, and afterwards we went back to his office to discuss his diagnosis. He said that I had fybromyalgia and depression. When I immediately snapped back with "I'm depressed?!" He gave me some line about how he could "see it on my face during the exam." He further went to explain that people such as myself who are "motivated and driven" are often the ones who come down with fybromyalgia, because we take on too much and don't know when to say 'no'. His remedy to help with my fatigue and depression? Exercise daily and eat healthy, both of which I do a decent job of already. He then tried to tell me that if I don't do these 2 things then I won't see an improvement in my health and that'll be entirely my fault. I was not impressed with this Doctor at all, and I would not recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

Terrible experience. He didn't listen, kept interrupting me when I did get a chance to speak and completely dismissed anything I said. Walked away with two wrong diagnosis that my GP said were nonsense. He was rude and condescending and I wish I had read these reviews before going (but I assumed wrongly that he would be a decent doctor). If you see him for something previously diagnosed than I'm sure he's fine. If you are trying to figure out what the heck is going on with your body stay far far away from this doctor.....

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

One of the worst I've ever met. I have severe back pain (specific to my. T4/T5 spine from falling down stairs with a baby in my arms) and he kept saying I have fibromyalgia not chronic back pain. He told me it was due to my personality and read it from some old English textbook about arthritis. Wouldn't listen to a single word I said and then wrote in my chart that my mom has fibromyalgia (No... my mom has Chrohns... which he knew only because he asked about history of bowel issue during our meeting). No bedside manner and I was also diagnosed with severe depression LOL, also very untrue. Don't seek out his medical advice, save yourself the time and energy and just go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

I was a patient of Dr. Adamiak 29 years ago, having had to deal with lung cancer and follow up appointments. I see that his "bedside" manner has not changed. He was rude, condescending and totally unprofessional. even then, in 1987. I can go on and on but wont. I would never recommend him to anybody then and now.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2016

One of the worst "doctors" I have ever met! Rude, condescending and would not listen. After several weeks of diarrhea with blood. Had no solutions. Actually said "if you want to go to emergency, go ahead. They won't do anything for you" Went to emerg. I have a bad case C Dif. Would not recommend him!!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

I was reffered to Dr. Adamiak on several occasions over the last 12 years. He was always very helpful, pleasant and took the time that was needed to explain everything to me. I simply cannot understand why so many people here have such negative impressions of him. It would be totally illogical for me to look for another Internist and I would highly recommend him to anybody who needs him in his considerable capacity.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

I was referred to this Dr from another internist because I have been unanswered symptoms they wanted a second opinion on. I am in my mid 30's and walking into the office felt like I was going back in time. The receptionist wrote all my information on pencil in the front folder, the ambiance was very outdated and the I was the youngest patient at the time by far. Looking past that Dr Adamiak provided the worst Dr visit I have ever experienced. When asking me about my symptoms he wouldn't let me speak. I would say a symptom and he would rudely say you either have it or you don't, not letting me explain that it is occasional and not one I am concerned or there for. Then he got caught up on one symptom that he wrote on his paper while I was talking and then I said the name of it. He stopped me in my tracks and started explaining the symptom and saying you don't have it just because you read it. I found this comment offensive because of the assumption I am self diagnosing myself on Google, as well as rude to his fellow Dr's because I told him it was a specialist and another doctor who told me I had it and not something I read on Google. He spent so long talking circles around is issue when it was something I have no concern for and was getting me confused on why he needed to speak to me like a five year old. This happened a few times and finally he said I have already talked enough and taken enough time. Which he had spoken a lot about who knows what and nothing related to my concerns but just to make points about irrelevant things. I started crying out of frustration and feeling he was being condescending and wasting an important appointment to an issue outstanding and affecting my life. As I stood up and told him I need to go he showed me a magazine with anxiety on the front cover and said why do you think I have this in my office and why do you think all these doctors (pointing to my file) don't want to see you anymore. I said that was extremely disrespectful and walked out of his office crying. I am extremely disappointed and hurt with his lack of bedside manner being rude and condescending while also making me now question his co-doctors opinions.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2016

I see Dr. Adamiak for both lung and cardio reasons. My first two cardiologists spoke limited English and I got nothing from either of them. I completely trust, admire and respect (and understand) Dr. Adamiak. In fact, he is one of the more knowledgeable and professional doctors I have seen in quite awhile.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

When i got bit by a brown recluse spider. My family Dr called him and he came in on his day off for me and stayed with me as my specialist throughout my ordeal. Very good man.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2014

I'm a young out going women with two kids. I never leave comments but I remember calling my husband when I left his office saying "this guy was creepy, rude, and condescending! He ALSO told me I was depressed. Which is funny because I just spent the last two years seeing the top psychologist in calgary. I thought I was happy and doing well.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014