Ratings for Dr. Kenneth L. Katzen

Phone hold times are ridiculous. And often result in "disconnected" calls that nobody can seem to explain. Once you get someone on the phone to ask about things like when lab results would be available, they are short and rude. You will n-e-v-e-r be seen at your appointment time, yet they ask that you arrive 15 minutes early. Allow no less than an extra hour beyond your original appointment time. Taking off from work a half day is advised. I’ve had X-Rays done once and blood/urine analysis twice. On each occasion, they claim the results will be ready by a certain day. On each occasion, I had to call every single day (no, they won’t call you) and nag them a couple times a day. Every time I called, it would get pushed further and further and nobody can ever explain why. One of the times, they even had the gall to tell me that the lab results were back, the doctor was just too busy with patients to look at them and return my call. Maybe you should stop trying to shove massive numbers of patients through the assembly line and actually tend to some of your existing waiting patients!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

Dr Katzen has been my PCP for 25 years and I have always found him attentive, relaxed and able to take time for me. I love his nurse practioner, Susie Carlson, RN, MSN, PhD. The staff overall is kind and welcoming. I've only had one instance that they almost forgot I was waiting, but correcte that problem quickly. It was an education moment for all concerned.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

I have been going to this doctor since the 90's. I was diagnosed with MS. He and his staff have the best bedside manor! They take the time with their patients to make sure everything is addressed! I would NEVER change doctors!!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2012

was not pleased with this doctor.acted like he wasn't interested in what you had to say.was told by nurse that if i wanted to address another illness;that i had to come back for another visit.her exact words"we can not cure you for every illness in one visit".this was the reason i why i went to see him!!!maybe i should've told her that my insurance was going to pay for just 1 vistit

flag | Submitted August 10, 2011

Dr. Katzen is not only very knowledgeable, but very professional and down to earth. He truly wants to help and gives tips to do so. At my age I have been to several Doctors and he is hands down the BEST!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2009

Dr. Katzen pays attention to what you have to say and doesn't just dimis you.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2008

The last time that I went to this doctor, I had to sit in the waiting room for 2 hours then was moved into the patient room for another hour. The way this office works, you had to pay in advance so if I left, I couldn't get my money back. When he finally did showed up, he took one look at my profession; mechanic, and instantly declared that all mechanics were druggies. Instead of talking about the reason for my visit, he just wanted to talk about the problems on his SUV. When I did get the chance to tell him what was wrong and inquired about non-prescriptional ways to improve it, he said it was impossible. Then he wrote a prescription and left. Needless to say, I threw the prescription away and did a little lifestyle change - healthier eating and exercise, which worked completely. Not sure if he was just having a bad day that day but after my family's been going to see his nurse practitioner for over 10 years, that visit killed all future visits with that office for us.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2007

I love this doctor, his staff, and his nurse practitioner! They always call us right back, squeeze my sick children in at the last minute and Suzy (the nurse practitioner) even calls after a visit on occasion to make sure our issues are resolved! Referrals are timely. The only thing I don't love is that you can't call to make an appointment - you have to leave a message; however, I always get a quick call back! Dr. Katzen has a good sense of humor and bedside manner. I feel like I've finally found a doc that the whole family is comfortable with.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2007

Dr. Kenneth L. Katzen's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Workers Comp