Ratings for Dr. Randy A. Poncher

I, too, know Dr. Poncher as a student in medical school and I never met anyone like him before and since. He is brilliant and extraordinarily well read in pediatrics, being grumpy is no reason to diss this man. He was an amazing teacher, one I will never forget. In those complaints, I can see errors of judgement on the parents part.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2012

While I have never seen him as a patient, I did work with him during my medical school rotation. He is, by far, the smartest, most well read physician I have ever worked with. I would drive across the state to have my children see him if it really was a severe illness. He is a great asset to his patients and they are lucky to have such a knowledgeable doctor working in a low-income clinic.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2009

Rude man....would not listen to a single thing I had to say...this man is so intent on getting "his" way he totally disregarded the needs of my son. He treated me like I was a total idiot...I am a well educated, highly intelligent person. I was dumbfounded by his lack of concern or interest in the needs of my son. In my opinion going to this doctor is a total waste of time, resources and money as far as I am concerned. He needs to either upgrade his knowledge base or retire.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2007

Worst. Pediatrician. Ever. He has no interest in remembering his patients - he didn't remember my wife and children even though they had been in several times over the past month. He also becomes very disgruntled when he learns (he has to ask each time) we are not following his "advice" and putting our newborn (who is extremely healthy and breastfeeding) on vitamins. He also scheduled our newborn to go in for a ultrasound because he thought he might have spina bifida...even though he comments on how well he holds his head up and rolls over. It was a complete waste of resources. He treats us like ignorant, poor people (both my wife and I are college graduates) who don't know the first thing about raising our own children. He also states things that just don't seem right. Perhaps he needs to update his medical knowledge as things have changed in the past 50 years.

Submitted July 11, 2007

Dr. Randy A. Poncher's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1969)