Ratings for Dr. Evelyn Tolston

Very thorough Dr, I would highly recommend Dr Tolston

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

Was referred to Tolston by my ENT. I've had lifelong sinus/breathing problems and in 2013 it reached a point where it impacted my sleep. After exhausting pretty much every other form of treatment (and being on meds seemingly forever) I was tested for allergies and Asthma. Turns out I had a few allergies so I went on the treatment which is a series of shots over a period of time. I've given up some things in my diet, but still continue to drink beer which I am lectured on (mostly by Natalie and Claudia with her size 6's). I no longer take any meds and sleep great. I've never had to wait long and that means something since at one point I was there 2-3 times a week for shots. I mostly deal with the staff so it's important to note that Natalie, Claudia, Natasha and Angela are always nice/helpful. I can be difficult at times, giving them a hard time, but they always maintain a good sense of humor about things. This is one Dr visit I don't dread since it's like visiting friends.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2014

Dr. Toleston is very competent and thorough and her team of Technicians are the best. For the first time in over a decade I have found relief from my asthma and allergy symptoms, thanks to Dr. Tolston. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

I visited several doctors over the last 3-4 years and Dr. Tolston across as a very knowledgeable and accomplished professional. Very importantly she was kind and caring enough to give the time and concern to listen to me and understand the situation. I have asthma for three years and all the doctors I visited before would give my prednison right away. She also put me on yeast free diet which I agree was a right thing to do because I read a lots of books before and I new that it could be the problem. After a few weeks I am feeling great and recommend Dr. Tolston to many people that have allergies and asthma.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2012

I will never go to 'Doctor' Tolsten ever again. I haven't had an asthma attack since i was 2 years old. In September I had a minor panic/asthma attack and went to her. After being tested, she stated I was allergic to many foods and told me to go on a yeast free diet. I asked for a copy of the tests and all the numbers were scratched out and rewritten, as if the nurse was unsure of what to write for my results. Tolsten prescribed me MANY drugs to take. One including Sporanox . I read about this drug and sounded EXTREMELY serious and dangerous. I was not confident and went to another doctor. He told me thank God i did not take the drug because it could've killed me. He also called Tolsten a year ago and told her not to prescribe this medication so easily; she should've taken his advice. She also said I was a candidate for her allergy shots. Would you like to fill me up with any more drugs, Tolsten? In my eyes, Tolsten is extremely money- hungry and careless. Never again.

Submitted October 14, 2011

Dr Toltson orders a lot of unnecessary and expensive tests. Chances are you'll be incorrectly diagnosed for several things like me.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2011

I went to Dr.Tolston after seeing 4 other doctors and getting marks all over my body for months. She diagnosed me with chronic urticaria (hives) immediately, an autoimmune disease. She told me to cut a number of foods from my diet. I lost 12 lbs in 2 weeks, and continued to have these marks on my arms (didn't look like hives). I eventually lost feeling in both of my arms. When I went into the doctor for this, she shrugged it off as a pinched nerve and did numerous skin tests, getting all false positives, and making hives all over my back. As all of this went on, I waited hours in the office. During one visit, the dr left for lunch and forgot I was there. Two months after changing my diet, detergent, etc, and taking thousands of dollars in supplements: no change. I researched misdiagnoses & decided to search for (and had before) found bed bugs. I have de-bugged my apt and all of my "hives" are gone. I contacted Dr. T to explain and was yelled at for some time. Do not see this doctor.

Submitted June 17, 2011

Finding a very good doctor can be difficult, having said that I'm very happy with the services that Dr.Tolston and her staff provide. I'd been having difficulty breathing and to no avail was my breathing difficulties under control until I started seeing Dr.Tolston for my breathing issues. Dr.Tolston got to the core of my breathing problems and I now breathe with ease. The doctor tested me for allergies and found that I'm allergic to everything. She started me on a treatment and my breathing difficulties have pretty much deminished. Thank God! Dr.Tolston is very gentle, knowledgeable and an expert in her field. It's been three (3) years since I've had an asthma attack and this is because of the knowledge and expertise of Dr.Tolston She basically saved my life any many, many trips to the emergency room. I'm very grateful to having found such an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2010

I have been seeing so many Dr. For the last 3 years , I was treated for so many infection and have taken so mamy different medication that I didn't need to. I was referred to Dr. Tolston by one of my coworkers, he's been seeing Dr. Tolston for almost 5 years getting allergy shots. After I saw Dr. Tolston she put me on antiFangel medication for a few days and the east free diet... which was really great, Dr Tolson has really been a great help for me. I am very happy to have been treated by her! !!!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2010

I was recommended by my primary doctor, and I had to go in many times for many tests wait a rude amount of time to get seen, even by a PA for a test! Dr. Tolston prescribed dangerous anti-fungal medication to me after saying I had a fungal infection in my lungs and uterus! When I went for another opinion, I was told to ensure that she was Board Certified because that was reckless (she is). And then she said I needed a shrink and sent me to the Psychiatrist on her staff, Dr. Gekker, who I find out later is her mother, who was ever more inept than Dr. Tolston. It took a long time to unravel the mess they made with all the medications they prescribed just to keep me feeling poorly and coming back. Very bad care. Do yourself a favor, find another doctor!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2010