Ratings for Dr. Richard W. King

Dr. King was worth waiting for! I must say he is a busy man but good things come to those who wait they always say. Have had one child with him and will continue to see him. He was so kind, helpful, and knew his stuff. We see him around town all the time and he always says hello with a smile!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

Fantastic doctor! I would recommend him to anyone looking for an OBGYN. Kind and concerned. Great at what he does.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

Dr. King delivered all 3 of my kids, my sisters kids, my nieces baby, and 3 of my cousins babies. He also took great care of me when I was diagnosed with HPV and and CIN III...and did my full robotic hysterectomy. He is an amazing doctor and I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

Dr King, miss diagnosed me with endometriosys which lead to problems that eventually caused the need for a full hystorectomy at age 25

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

Great dr have had him for alo three n will have him for my fourth. He does have alot of patients but he does a wonderful job.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

Poor scheduleing , doesnt follow up test results with patients, doesnt listen to his patients when they say something is wrong, very busy , is not prompt or punctual ,he may be overworked or has personal isues that carries over into his work and there for cannot see to the needs of his patients,the front receptionist is very unfriendly and rude, but the nurses are very friendly and polite.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

I love Dr. KING. When I got pregnant with my first I had lots of complications my 3 days of labor ended in a c section. My son would not be here if it were not for Dr. King. Then 3 and a half years later I got pregnant again, yet again a high risk pregnancy ending in emergency c section. Dr. King recommended that I not have anymore. Well my daughter was a total SURPRISE! I had high blood pressure and she started shutting my kidneys down. Yep another c section, but I feel if it were not for Dr. KING being attentive and caring I may have lost my children. He is very very well worth waiting for in his office. As matter of fact I drove almost 2 hours to his office every two weeks my entire pregnancies. God Bless this doctor!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2013

Dr. King was a great doctor for my two complicated deliveries. The only downside was the wait time in the office. It took awhile for him to see us. It seemed as though he was always backed up with patients.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2011

I hate to leave bad reviews, but I'm looking for another ob/gyn for my 2nd child, & I know I'd like to read honest reviews, good or bad. I would never recommend Dr. King. I saw him a total of maybe 4 or 5 times throughout my pregnancy because he was always delivering during my appts...just way too busy.Saw the NP instead.The waits are ridiculous and easily 1 hr plus. Maybe he'd be better if he stopped accepting so many patients? He didn't remember me or ANY of my birth plans, I had to wait on him while I was in labor (natural labor at that). I will NEVER wait on a Dr. to start pushing again! He gave me a routine episiotomy though I told him during my appts that I didn't want one unless absolutely necessary...just shows that he doesn't know his patients. He pushed HARD on my uterus to get the baby out faster...this hurt & resulted in a 3rd degree tear in addition to the episiotomy. Don't know if that's routine for drs to do, but it was horrible. Would never, ever recommend. Sorry.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2011

Dr. King is an awesome ob/gyn with excellent, friendly, and knowlegable staff. Yes, the wait is usually long but it's well wotrh it. He takes his time with each patient and gives you his full attention. I've had a couple of appointments that had to be re-scheduled since he had to do emergency deliveries, but that just goes with the territory.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2011

Dr. Richard W. King's Credentials

• American Univ Of The Caribbean, Sch Of Med, Plymouth, Montserrat (Grad. 1990)

Top Hospitals in Bridgeport, WV