Ratings for Dr. Joseph K. Hurd

He did my total hysterectomy and was nasty and started yelling at me in my hospital room, saying I was bothering the nurses by pushing my call button too much. I never even called them! Told me I did not need pain meds, that the surgery I had was no big deal, excuse me? I left the hosptial early, I was still sick, but felt unsafe with him as my doctor. I never went back for the follow checkup and instead used my local doctor. The reason I used Dr. Hurd was because of prior surgeries, that created a difficult situation and no local doctors would touch me. He should retire and stop terrorizing women.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2007

I saw Dr. Hurd years ago as an eighteen year old girl for a regular gyn checkup. He began questioning me about former pregnancies and abortions during the exam (there were none!!) Then he said he found a "pollop" and that he needed to biopsy it, so right then and there he started cutting out my innards. Well, it was a scary and painful experience for me and I got nervous and began to cry. He was very cold and condescending. He told me he would examine the specimen and extract the rest once he found out more. He made a comment about my "being able to handle it" when it came time to extract the rest. I never went back and no subsequent gyn since then has seen an abnormality. He also recommended a hysterectomy for my friends' mom who got a second opinion and managed to keep her innards for several more years.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2007