Ratings for Dr. Christopher Vertullo

I had a TKR on the 12th September 2017. Chris gave me a lot of confidence with his knowledge and approachable manner to preform my operation, I have nothing but praise for Chris and staff how they looked after me in hospital and post recovery. I have recovered very quickly and more than satisfied with my results.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

I had a TKR on the 12th Sept. .It is difficult to rate a doctor when you know nothing about medicine or surgery. However I will rate him in the same manner as I would rate any person doing a difficult job for me; Was I kept informed? YES; Were my questions answered? YES; was I listened to (did my opinions/comments find ears? YES; Was the procedure explained? YES; Was I asked if I had reservations? YES; The bottom line is I don't have any negatives. And how am I progressing at the moment? Three weeks in and I am ahead of schedule in recovery. Dr V you deserve the 5stars A word about the staff at Pindarra Hospital. Every person I met from the time I walked into the hospital till discharge looked after me fantastically, the staff brilliant. The receptionist, the nurse who checked me in at pre-op, the guy who wheeled me into the theatre anteroom the nursing staff the Physios the cleaning lady (a wonderful person) the ancillary staff. Job well done guys! SteveE

flag | Submitted October 9, 2017

Chris replaced my right knee in June and my left knee 4 weeks ago. He checked me out this week and is very pleased with the outcome as am I. I found him and his staff to be very approachable, informative and caring. I would certainly recommend him to anyone needing knee replacement.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

Chris did a total knee replacement 3 weeks ago and my results are amazing. He checked on my progress today, 3 weeks and 2 days after the operation and has passed me off needing no special physio requirements. From the first day out of hospital I was able to walk up 40 steps to our unit with no problem and no need for crutches. I rate Chris as a 5 star surgeon and would totally recommend him to anyone needing a knee replacement.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

People leaving negative comments relating to interactions need to understand surgeons don't have the ability to spend copious amounts of time to listen to everyone's life story! If you need the sugar coated sweet talk and cuddle treatment - see a psychiatrist instead! A surgeon's time is valuable and sometimes time spent listening to someone talking about irrelevant issues can be better utilised assisting other patients in more urgent need. I found Dr Vertullo to be personable and responsive to all my questions, most importantly, I found him to be an excellent surgeon who gave me back the ability to engage in a very active lifestyle with no pain. Having Dr Vertullo look after my damaged left ACL was an excellent decision.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

had a full knee replacement with Chris, 5 months later passed all physio tests and no need for any more follow ups excellent result from Chris . all procedures explained, very easy to converse with Chris , top doctor

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

Dr Vertullo suggested I did not need an arthroscope when I thought I needed one! My GP said he only recomendeds surgery when really needed.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

This Doctor recommended I have a procedure (that he is developing and pushing...named after himself!!) that was in direct conflict to the results of my MRI report. When questioned on this he stated that he couldn't be sure of the exact procedure until the actual surgery, so I had no idea when I went "under" whether I would be having a 6 week or 6 month recuperation. He strongly recommended to not have a simple arthroscopy as recommended by another surgeon. I took the second surgeons advice and had the procedure with no dramas and a perfect result still 2 years later...More concerned with his reputation than patients out-come. Staff were excellent, but waiting times were abysmal.

Submitted September 23, 2017

He may know his stuff but his attitude is rude and off putting. His bed side manner was blunt and when I asked questions he invalidated my beliefs and values. He was escorting me to the door as I was asking questions. I would not like to engage his services. I am sure there are good surgeons out there who value their patients well being and mentality.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

Don't bother seeing him more worried about his reputation than his patients. Didn't want to operate on me so went and got a second opion and booked in for a kneee recon. Glad I went to someone else, he is not worth the time and money

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017