Ratings for Dr. Arthur Decross

I've been going to the same practice for years and I love the staff there but unfortunately I'm going to switch Gastroenterologists as I just cannot get past Dr. Decross's personality anymore. I have left in tears because of his sarcasm with me and I don't want to go to any of my appointments with him as in addition to his rudeness sometimes, he doesn't seem to want to addresses any of my other complaints aside from my colitis, he just wants to prescribe meds instead of helping me with the root cause.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2019

Arthur Decross is very rough, has a poor personality and bed side manner. i do not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

When I was 16, Dr. DeCross helped diagnose my Ulcerative Colitis; while I respected his knowledge on my disease, I never much cared for his personality. He is rough, serious, and to be honest, a bit rude at times. I got over this seeing as I felt better; however, now, at age 21, with another serious medical condition that is, although unrelated to my colitis, affecting my colitis medication, Dr. DeCross has essentially refused to help me despite the fact that he is making serious calls on my health. I'm very disappointing in him and will be switching to a new gastroenterology ASAP. It's one thing to not be personable, but an entirely different thing to have no concern for my health. I no longer respect his medical decisions nor will I put up with his rudeness.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

Very competent Gastroenterologist, identified a problem that another GI doc completely missed, and is currently treating me for it. I feel 100% better, both physically... and that I am receiving better care. Assisted by an excellent staff.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2011

Excellent, competent GI to deal with, and follows up quickly on results. He was recommended by my internist, and has tracked a problem far more closely than my former GI. I am glad I changed to Dr Decross. The staff is also outstanding.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2010

Dr. Arthur Decross's Credentials

• Albany Medical College Of Union University (Grad. 1988)