Ratings for Dr. David Molloy

The girls at reception are lovely. They put you at ease from the moment you walk in the door and throughout the process e. g calling for information etc. Dr Molloy is not a "best friend" specialist. He isn't there to chat about your weekend. He is there to help you and give you the answers you need and solutions. He does this excellently. I had a great experience with my laparoscopy in January and have had very informative post operative appointments.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2017

I found Dr Molloy to be very helpful and knowledgeable. I have had a laparoscopic hysterectomy, I was out of hospital in 2 days and have not had any pain or complications. Hospital staff even said Dr Mooloy was a great surgeon, very happy with results.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

I first saw Dr Molloy in May 2016 as my Husband and I have been trying for little ones for about 3 years with no luck. As everyone has mentioned, Dr Molloy can be very abrupt and I was taken aback by his manner when first meeting him. When pregnancy and infertility is such an emotional event, you at want some emotional support through the process, which Dr Molloy is not the best at. However, if you want someone who is incredibly knowledgeable and good at managing your expectations, you could not do any better. During our initial consult, he quickly identified that something wasn't right and got me straight in for blood tests and explorative laproscopy, diagnosing severe endometriosis. Within 3 weeks I was booked in for the endo excision, and then two rounds of IUI and one successful round of IVF. His office staff, Amanda and Kerry are simply amazing and give you all the additional support you need, answering every question. I would absolutely recommend Dr Molloy to anyone struggling to fall pregnant and considering assisted reproduction!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

Excellent. Provided helpful, evidence based additional information, and was professional.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

Dr. David Malloy, whilst not having great bedside manner as some have said, is by far the most excellent surgeon hands down. I have had two laporoscopys in Melbourne, of which took between 2-4 weeks to heal, with Malloy, I was literally walking around and going to shops the day after leaving the hospital. I barely fee any pain at all, whereas last time could move out of bed for 6 days. He chooses the best doctors and nurses to support the operation. This guy knows what he is doing.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2016

First appointment very informative. Had an internal examination and then told without delay needed a hysteroscopy. His internal investigation confirmed what i had always suspected there something wrong with me which is why i wasnt falling pregnant. He always asked if i understood what will be done and then from there a plan to go foward with fertility treatment. With my age and weight this was put to the side while he concentrated on the main issue at hand. Staff are wonderful and very helpful. Highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

Dr Molloy has a good reputation as a surgeon, but has a terrible bedside manner. You feel like you are on a 'production line' waiting in long queues in his office, only to be rushed through the appointment, generally in and out in anywhere from 3-10 mins. He was rough during physical examinations, made a couple of offensive comments and provided limited information about treatment options. He also didn't consult with me around key decisions. It was up to me to ask questions to get any further information out of him besides the bare minimum. I felt he didn't really care about the significant financial (and emotional) cost to women of doing IVF and was just happy for me to do additional rounds of IVF, which is of financial benefit to him.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

I have had 1 fresh transfer and 2 FET transfers with Dr Molloy. I MC twice and am pregnant on the 3rd attempt. I find that he knows his field very well. I feel stupid sometimes when I ask a question. He belittles me when my husband hasn't attended the appointments. My pelvis popped out on the 2nd embryo transfer and it hasn't been the same since. I am in pain everyday for this. If you wish to use a different provider on certain things you are better off changing doctors. He speaks at you and not to you. If you ask a question about something it annoys him. He has to remember that we are the ones paying for his services and he is supposed to listen to your needs. Don't let him spread your legs too far apart during a transfer otherwise your pelvis will dislocate. :(

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

An amazing surgeon. I was referred to doctor Molloy by another surgeon who admitted he didn't have the skill to do the surgery I needed as well as Dr Molloy could. Dr Molloy did not argue or question me when at 35 yrs old and only 1 child I asked for a full hysterectomy as a solution to endo. Recovery was very quick I was only in hospital 2 days and back to full work duties within 4 weeks. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

David diagnosed me with severe endometriosis in Aug, removed it endoscopically in October, and got me pregnant via IVF in Dec. I'm 32 and first baby. He doesn't mess around!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016