Ratings for Dr. PHILIP C. Brittain

Dr. Brittain is highly recommended for hormone replacement therapy! After being diagnosed with fibromyalgia, the muscle pain I had for years was very much improved after he prescribed testosterone, and my hot flashes are also lessened by his estrogen treatments. Blood tests are conveniently done in Dr. Brittain's office, and he is very informative and compassionate!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

Dr. Brittain is skilled, intelligent, funny, and above all, compassionate. I spent a few years seeing various doctors for pelvic pain, and feeling dismissed and hopeless. Then a friend recommended Dr. Brittain. From the beginning, he's always made me feel like a person and not a problem. He listens, thoroughly explains everything, and makes sure I understand what my options are. At the end of every visit, he asks if there are any questions unasked or concerned unadressed. His office is always able to get me in with very little wait, and in between visits Dr. Brittain is still very responsive if I have questions or concerns. I rated 4 out of 5 for punctual because sometimes there is a bit of a wait at the office, but that's because when Dr. Brittain is with a patient he really listens and does not rush them.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

Dr. brittian was a very attentive person. I always felt warmth and he will return the calls , if we need to speak to him during off hours. I would highly recommend dr. Brittian.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2013

I've seen Dr. Brittain for several years and have found him thorough, knowledgeable and personable. In addition to standard gyn stuff I had a hysterectomy and partial ufrectomy and was very happy with the outcome.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2012

Excellent doctor; punctual, respectful, open to alternative ideas, never condescending, great personality, I never feel rushed, I don't spend hours in waiting room or exam roomhe is one of the few proiders of hormone replacement theray by pellets which has been a godsend to me.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2010

Dr. Brittain is 95% on time, takes time to listen and respond, very knowledgable, open to alternative options, extremely progressive in hormone replacement. Very personal attention. I wish all my doctors approached the practice of medicine like he does

flag | Submitted June 26, 2009

Dr. Brittain sometimes runs a little late but is always attentive and never tries to rush through the appointment. He has a warm and caring bedside manner, is non-judgmental, knows and respects alternative approaches as well as conventional medicine, stays current with research, and is active in the community. I recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2005

Dr. PHILIP C. Brittain's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

MSP/BC Med