Ratings for Dr. Chuck Maxner

I went to see dr Maxner today for the first time and god forbid you ever need a neurologist but if you do he is the one to see. He's the last of a dying breed a real doctor

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

I have been seeing Dr Maxner for over 4 years now. His is extremely knowledgeable and speaks in terms that the patient understands, it's not all medical speak. He takes the time to explain the "whys" and the "hows" and not just the "whats". His bedside manner is beyond excellent, I know a few physicians that could learn a thing or 2 from him.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

After only seeing residents to follow up with during my 2 week stay at the QE2 (brain aneurysm), I especially couldn't believe my luck when I had the pleasure of being seen by Dr. Maxner. He was a light in my dark tunnel. He had precise answers to my questions.....and actually called me at home the night before my apt. and patiently let me ask him all the questions that were racing through my mind for two months ! I will never forget that. Dr. Maxner is down to earth, kind, and most importantly - extremely knowledgeable and FANTASTIC at what he does. No worries whatsoever with this guy, hes crossing all the T's and dotting all the I's.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

If the ratings were from 1to 10, he would be a 12. My wife was recently treated by Dr. Maxner, and she had the best of care. His knowledge and professionalism were second to none. He wore a pin in his coller,and my wife asked hin what it was. He said it was an angel of mercy pin awarded him. You can be sure he earned it.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

I also have Pseudo Tumour Cerebri and have been seeing him for 25 years.He is the best Doctor I have ever meet, he explains everything to me in a way that I can understand, leaves no questions unanswered.I still see him twice a year just to make sure things are ok.In my option he is the very best,one of the greatest Doctors in HRM.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Manner for about 12 years and he has been wonderful. I still see him 2 times a year just as a precaution.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2014

I have Pseudo Tumour Cerebri and have been a patient of Dr. Maxner's for 14 years. He diagnosed my symptoms almost immediately. Ran all the necessary procedures & tests. He is a "Dream" Doctor! Extremely kind, professional, takes time to explain everything right out - leaves no questions or options unanswered! Always goes the extra mile to help you and see you on an "as needed" basis. ALL Doctors should learn from him - he should be their mentor and role model. He is the most wonderful doctor that I have ever encountered. I truly appreciate his wisdom and medical expertise - we are very fortunate to have him here in Halifax.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2012

I am originally from Ontario and moved to Nova Scotia last year. I have been having several problems before I moved here and was dismissed and wrongfully diagnosed by many doctors. I was referred to Dr. Maxner by my family doctor (who is also awesome) and he was fantastic! I cried at the end of our meeting because for years when I was telling doctors and neurologists that I cannot see because of a optic neuritis attack, Dr. Maxner confirmed the attack within 30 minutes. He now has me going through series of tests I would never had if I was not referred to him. I am very grateful to have him as my doctor. He educated me on a lot of things and listened to what I had to say. I didn't feel rushed or ignored. He made me feel comfortable and I highly recommend people to see him. Thanks Dr. Maxner if you ever read this! :)

flag | Submitted October 15, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr Max for 10+ years now. He is a part of my life and a real inspiration for other doctors!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2011

There are not enough ways to show how brilliant, competent and reassuring this man is. The minute you see him, you know everything will be ok. I saw him when hospitalized for a severe adverse drug reaction, and I will never be able to express how much he changed my life. He embodies the true meaning of a wonderful physician!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2009